Chapter 7: Please Don't Die Part 1

We were going through the map for the new mission. It was an A-rank class 1 mission, so it was very dangerous. After Minato left us, we were off through the bamboo. As we traveled I heard something off in the distance.

Flashback

I remember, I hit a bolder, where am I? "Mikari? How are you feeling? You took quite a hit yesterday." A nurse asked.

"Obito, w-where's - ah - Obito?" I said trying to sit up.

"Oh, don't move you'll hurt yourself again!" The nurse said alarmed.

"Ah... nnnhn, Obito..." I whispered in pain.

End of flashback

When I had been released, Obito had just repeatedly kept saying he was sorry and I continued to tell him I was fine but he wouldn't shut up. So I did the first thing that came to mind... I kissed him, he didn't apologize anymore after that.

And he stopped talking almost instantly. "Obito, I know you didn't mean it, stop saying sorry so much and don't start crying either I've been taken care of. If I wasn't ok they would have kept me longer... you know that."

"I know, I'm still worried though after all we did get an A-rank class 1 mission from the old man. I don't think you're up for it, it's supposed to be at home recovery now, not 'I'm out, time for a mission' you'll just get hurt again... and I don't want that. You need protection right now and I feel like I won't be enough for that. I-"

"Obito, no one is enough to protect someone alone, that's part of being a team, you take care of and protect each other as a whole. You know it's not protect one for one, especially on a team of 4, like ours."

"Yeah, that's easy for you to say, but not for me. You are after all my girlfriend, I should be the one to watch over you..."

You do that enough anyhow... "I know that, Obito, but if Rin or Kakashi try to protect me too, don't get in their way, or I could still get hurt."