Chapter 10: She's alive (Minato/Obito's P.O.V.)

While The search squad and I went around the now empty battlefield, we looked around one last time to see if there were any more bodies left to collect. Then I sensed it... chakra, and it was fading ever so slowly. I focused on it... it's so familiar but... oh god. It's Mika!

I ran around, following the chakra, and soon approached a pile of boulders. She's weak but if we get her out now she'll make it. If only Obito were here, he'd be so happy to know that she's alive. He cares so much for her, I just wish she wouldn't have ended up in this. I opened a hole in the boulders, allowing air inside the area. She needed oxygen, I can already feel her strength rising. I knew it was going to be hard on the team, but if she can pull through, I know the team will.

~Time Skip~

I was waiting for Obito, Kakashi, and Rin to arrive at the hospital. I could see on Obito's face that he was hopeful I'd found her.

"What is it, Sensei?"

"I found her, Mikari is alive."

Obito wasted no time in going to see her and I'd expected that. I didn't expect that he'd drag Kakashi with him, however. They must finally be getting along.

Obito's P.O.V.

I was so happy, Mika's ok... well she's not dead anyway. I didn't know what to expect when I got to the hospital room with Kakashi. I guess I expected to see her sitting there ready to yell at us for leaving her behind. When we walked inside the room, she was quiet and still. She lay there, unconscious on the bed.

Kakashi huffed and said, "You really need to stop ending up here, Sis. We don't like worrying about you, ya know." I stayed quiet. "Obito... I think you should be on this side."

"Why, what's so special about being on this side?"

"You'll most likely be the one who's awake when she finally wakes up. You can catch her if she tries to run because she doesn't know where she is, ok?"

"Yeah... ok... Let's just hope that she doesn't run."

We stayed silent as Minato sensei and Rin came in. I was so worried about Mika, that I didn't realize that she'd grabbed my hand on instinct in her sleep. When I did notice, I smiled and thought, Even in the state she's in, she knows where to find me...