5- Denial

(Carter POV)
"Was that Drew," Kylee asked me weakly as I walked back into the room. "No it was just someone wanting to ask you some questions about your bill, but I told them that you were no up to talking right now," I tell her as I sit back down in the chair beside her bed. "I'm sorry about your hand," she say running her finger lightly across the stitches on my hand. "It's ok, it really doesn't hurt," I tell her not wanting her to feel bad about anything. "Besides I'm the one who should be doing the worrying, how are you feeling," I ask her sweetly as I brush the stray hairs out of her face. "I'm fine, I think both me and the Baby will be fine," she say with a small smile on her face. "Kylee didn't the doctor talk to you about the baby," I ask her with concern. "Yeah but I think he is wrong, my baby is just fine they will see," she say happily as she shrugs her shoulders. "Look I will be right back, why don't you get some rest," I tell her before exiting the room and going to find her doctor.

"So your saying its normal for her to think her baby is still alive," I asked the doctor with concern. "Yes some patients have denial at first, you have to understand sometimes women have trouble excepting that there baby is gone but just give it a day or so she will come around," he say as he places a hand on my shoulder. "What should I do, should I just go along with her," I ask not wanting to do anything to set back Kylee's healing process. "Yes that probably the best because she is going to want someone to blame when she realizes her baby is really gone and unless you what that someone to be you then go with whatever she say no matter how hard it is for you," he informs me kindly. "Ok, thanks I will try my best to support her," I tell him before leaving is office and making my way back to Kylee's room.

(Drew POV)
After getting cleaned up I made my way back to the hospital and when to see Kylee. "Hey sweetheart," I say to her as I kiss her lightly on her head. "Hey I was hoping you would come," she say weakly. "I know and I'm sorry I should have been here early but my phone was off and I didn't realize it to a little while ago," I say trying to explain why I wasn't there for her. "It's ok your here now and that all that matters," she say with a smile. "You here that Mason Dady is here now," she say placing my hand on her stomach. "Wait so both of you are fine," I ask feeling a little confused. "Of course why wouldn't we be," she say giving me a confused look. "But Carter called and said..." I stared saying but was interrupted by Carter. "Drew I need to talk to you a minute," he say looking as if he had just seen a ghost. "You have to pretend that Kylee is still pregnant and she will accept the loss on her own terms," he tells me quickly as if trying to get it out before her couldn't. "So she did loose the baby?" I ask him as sadness overtakes me. "Yes I'm sorry but the doctor say we don't need to upset her," he tells me as he try's to catch me as I collapse on the floor and begin to cry. "I can't just sit here and watch her like this," I say broken. "I know it's hard but you have to do this for her, she is going to need you when she finally realizes the baby is gone," he tells me as he places a hand on my shoulder. "No I want go back in there and pretend that this isn't happening," I say as I stand up and begin to try and go back into her room. "If you can't do wats best for her then you should just go home," he say as he keeps me from entering her room. "Fine," I say angrily yanking my arm from is grip. I get in my car and drive to the closest bar so that I can drink away my pain and forget it ever happened.

(Kylee POV)
I watch as Drew and Carter exit the room and when only Carter came back in I realized that Drew was gone again. "Why did Drew leave," I ask Carter as he sits on the edge of my bed. "I don't know Kylee, I really don't know," he say sadly. "It's ok it's not your fault," she say shrugging her shoulders. "I have some good news though Olivia is going to come stay with you for a couple weeks," I say with a smile hoping to make her feel better. "Yeah how are you two anyway," she ask with a small smile. "Where good I really like her and even though we have only been dating a few months, I feel like we have been together forever," I say not able to hide the smile that forms on my face as I think about her. "I am so happy you two have found each other," she say sincerely. "Thanks that means a lot coming from you," I tell her before laying down beside her and pulling her into my arms. "You have been the best brother-in-law and friend I could ask for," she say to me as I flip through the tv to find us something to watch. "Yeah you have been pretty awesome yourself," I tell her with a small laugh before turning my attention back to the TV. "So what do you want to watch," I ask her as I flip thought the TV guide. "How about the Notebook," she say with a pouty lip. "Ok the Notebook it is," I say laughing at her pouty face. "Thanks," she say laughing back.