Warming Up ♠

Once again I found myself in the presence of a the crazy blonde bitch. I told her what had happened in my crazy week and she watched me intensely her eyes watering when listening to my sob story. It made me depressed explaining myself to her, but she seemed to understand and not judge so I was happy about that.

"Well darling, seems you've had a worse week than me...Lets drink to it ay?" She gave me half of her scotch and downed her own, my cold hands picked up the beverage slowly, observing it. I closed my eyes and downed the lot, Sally let out a little cackle and lit a new cigarette still watching me.

We sat in silence for a few moments whilst I regularly checked if anyone was around me. I felt so paranoid, I think Sally is going to have to take me to my room, which was a dangerous move as she was pretty creepy.

"You know, the worse things always happen to the good people. This hotel had a bad vibe hunny, if you stay here for too long things won't be all happy dally for you. But you seem like a strong girl and I think your gonna get through this all fine" She dragged on the 'all' and gave me a finishing smile while standing up and going down the stairs. Great now I was alone. Liz was know were to be seen behind the bar and I was shitting myself for if something would pop out from the shadows. Then my mind wondered to a certain man who stayed next door to me.. and the police officer. I leaned back in my seat torn between the 2 men I should go visit. I had not seen James since the incident, I didn't know whether he was avoiding me and pitying me or he thought I should be left alone. Or he was probably busy.

The time was 7:36pm and as it was November it was really dark outside with only the street lights lighting the way. I thought as I was stuck to choose between the pair I would go out and buy some stuff fro the shops. I stood up and zipped up my hoody and making my way down the stairs.

Liz, Iris and this other dude were at the reception talking rather loudly.

"Mother shut up... I don't care!... You ruin everything!... Donovan stop being an ass and listen to your Mother for once!... Shut it you tranny this has nothing to do with you" I was only catching bits of the talk but this Donovan guy seemed like a class A dick.

I caught Iris' eye and she gave me a sad smile. I really wanted to intervene so I thought I would give her my key for my room. So I walked over shyly.

"Hey Iris I'm going out, can you look after my key.. I left my bag in my room and I really can't be bothered getting it" I asked with a little smile and mischief written all over my face. The Donavan guy looked at me, he towered over me and I felt small as fuck..

"Who are you, can't you see we're busy sweet cheeks?" He needed to lighten up a bit. I rose my eyebrow at him.

"Well, I am Lorna and I don't care if your busy, it only looked as if you were being a dick to your mother and she was being the nicest I've ever seen her. I've never seen her be so reasonable and kind, she always seems so distant and cold. But now I know why she is the way she is and I think its a certain dude named Donavan" I say, with a slight tinge of sass. His mouth turned in to disgust he took a step closer to me so I had to look up to his face. He growled and his eyes turned to a raging hunger. I hated being so small so me being me I took a step up a near stool so we were the same height.

"Oh Miss White! I've heard all about you I have. Your name and beauty had been the most talked about thing for the last month or so. Such a 'Pleasure' to meet you. But I'm afraid I have to go as I have better things to do in this moment of time" His face and eyes went back to normal and he turned around, his fists clenched while making his way towards the elevator. I stood down from the stool and sighed.

"Thankyou, You didn't have to do that" Iris gave me a kind smile and went in to her office.

"Seems like she's warmed up to you finally hun" Liz said, following after her.

Yet again I was left alone, like I always do. Iris didn't take in my key so I put it under the desk and went out the hotel.