Chapter 3

Luke and Lizzy have a beautiful home compared to my one bedroom apartment. Luke says it's for all the kids they will have. Lizzy has always wanted kids, I hope he gives her a billion plus three. I make myself comfortable in the guest bedroom. Luke said Lizzy went out for something. I'd rather not rack my brain on it. It's been three years and the most I've heard of my mother is 5-word phone calls. I don't understand why she took David's side when I'm her only daughter. I shake the thought off as I listen to Lizzy stomp up the stairs. She has to have a grand entrance.
"The wife, has arrived!" She yells. I laugh, giving her a big hug. She wiggles the ring finger in my face and the diamond is gigantic. I pull out my camera, angling her hand on the right light. She giggles as if she is five years old and Santa is kissing her cheek.
"That's the first picture." I say, smiling. She smiles even bigger. Her entire aura is glowing and happiness radiates off of her. I'm really happy she's getting married.
"Sooooo tell me, who's the latest boy toy?" She asks, plopping down. I make a face and shake my head. I guess she didn't get the memo when I showed up here alone, ringless.
"What? No guy? Come on. You gotta like somebody." She groans.
"She does, his name rhymes with Toe." Luke says, savoring a slice of pizza. My stomach growls.
"No. Toe lied to me. I'm over that and I'm all about work now."
"Says the loner." Lizzy snorts. I make my way out the door, this is a conversation I'm not really interested in.
"Lets go eat lovers..wait that doesn't sound.." I groan at my self stupidity.
"She wants to make love to us, babe." Luke says, spitting pizza.
"Probably. Don't speak with food in the trap, it's disgusting."
I try to ignore their talking as I find the kitchen. There's so many boxes of pizza, I could die. I grab three slice and they look at me like I'm crazy.
"Shes pregnant." They say in sync. I roll my eyes, lifting up my middle finger.
"I caught a flight early, y'all just sit around and make before wedding love."
"It's not before wedding love. It's before wedding rehearsal love." Luke says, still spitting pizza. Lizzy makes a face at him and I make a face at both of them. Rehearsal. I thought the wedding was tomorrow.
"W-when is the wedding?"
"Wednesday, duh."
"Tomorrow is...Monday. not the wedding?"
"Not the wedding, Danielle. You weren't listening last night."
I groan, slapping the pizza down. This absolutely sucks. I had a plan. I wouldn't have to see Joe a lot with my plan. Now I may have to see him a whole day. I groan again. I fill my mouth with pizza like Luke and groan again. He falls into a fit of laughter but Lizzy doesn't find it funny.
"What, did you not want to come today?" Lizzy asks. I feel bad for my groaning episode instantly.
"No, I did but I didn't. Not because of you but because I didn't want to miss something at work, that's all. Don't worry. You're my best friend, I'm more than happy to be here."
I give her a pepperoni pizza smile and Luke joins me.
"Babe, don't let her influence you." She whines.
"But dat my friend." He says, through chews.
"This is going to be a long short week." She mutters.
"Oh, don't you know."