97. The Death of Harry

Draco pulled his wand out, but he didn't know what to do. A man that looked like Severus Snape was yelling at him, telling him to go downstairs, and Voldemort was telling him to go downstairs, but he was still torn, despite the simplicity. It was the same command. The only thing that was holding him there was one question. Should he fight? Making a split decision, he darted out the door, past the other man that looked like Severus. Much to his surprise, the man let him go. He had to get downstairs to warn Harry. He had no idea that he just stepped into the room he had left only seconds ago.

"You will pay for this!" Voldemort screamed.

He gave a harsh gesture toward the Death Eaters in the room and fighting ensued. Spells were flying everywhere. At that point, Moody and Kingsley came in the door, and Tonks. They joined in the fighting. Harry kept just inside the doorway, careful to avoid detection. He had his wand safely in his pocket, but it wasn't out. If he was going to do this, it was going to have to be willingly. He knew that. He wasn't clear on how letting Voldemort kill him was supposed to help bring peace, but he trusted Severus and Dumbledore both and he knew neither of them would tell him he had to die if it wasn't true.

Alaina diverted spell after spell coming her way. Voldemort was angry at her, and he was concentrating all of his strength on bringing her down. Sirius and Lupin were busy dueling three Death Eaters each. Plus, there were more coming at them. Moody and Kingsley both had their hands full, and Bellatrix was fighting Sirius and Tonks at the same time. She saw this and held out her hand. She clenched her fist in mid-air and they dropped to their knees where they stood, crying out in agony.

"Where did you get that power?" Voldemort questioned her.

"I was born with it," she spat. "I came here to use it on you." She turned her hand to him and he slammed her with a spell. It must have been a stunning spell, because she was knocked backwards. She hit the wall with a thud. It shocked her, at first, but then she got back up. She threw spell after spell at him. He dodged them easily.

"You will never beat me."

"Wanna bet?" Angry, she concentrated on him as hard as she could.

Voldemort's eyes rounded as he felt pain start to creep into his body. "Stop this!"

"No. This is what it feels like when you use the Torture Curse on people. Let's see how you like it."

Harry wanted to close his eyes. He didn't like the sight before him. He didn't like to see all the fighting. He had to a choice to make. He had come up here to give himself up, to let Voldemort kill him, so it would all finally be over. He had never seen his mother so angry or heard so much contempt in her voice. It was time for him to come out of his hiding place. It was time to end it all. He glanced over at the two other Severus clones fighting. He knew that they had to be Sirius and Lupin, because Ron and Hermione would not be that skilled in dueling, especially not Ron. He gulped. Then he looked over on the other side of the room. Bellatrix had moved on and was concentrating on Tonks now. It was all the young witch could do to hold her off.

Alaina had Voldemort on the ropes, but she was so busy focusing her energy on him that she didn't notice that Lucius had broken away from the others. His wand was out and he had it aimed at her. He opened his mouth to say the curse. Alaina was as good as dead in his eyes. He rared back, and prepared to take her life. Nothing would give him more pleasure. He didn't count on what was about to happen next.

Two more Severus clones came into the dining room. One the way Draco had gone down and one right in the doorway, where Harry stood. As a matter of fact, he startled Harry when he spoke.