Chapter 11: The fake honeymoon

Caden

"Caden, I'm going to miss you so much." Mia stated as her eyes got teary. I smiled at how loving she was.

"Don't tell lies Mia. You're going to miss our play times together, isn't it?" I asked clearly knowing the fact that our youthful days were gone as I was now a married woman. Mia give a light chuckle as she nodded her head and engulfed me in a hug.

"You know me really well." She stated as her head rested on my shoulder. A chuckle escaped my lips at her comment and I sniffed to contain my tears. I hugged each and every friend of mine, leaving a thank you note at the end before finally engulfing Joanna in a tight hug.

"Sis, I'm going to miss you." Joanna stated just right after we released ourselves from the hug. Jo and I rarely fought as siblings growing up together under the same roof. We were almost like best friends. She, gushing over boys she admired and I just being there to listen. She was always ready to cheer me up with her naughty talks and silly jokes. I'm really going to miss living under the same roof with her.

Goodbyes were truly hard. Yes, I wasn't really moving to a different city but I was going to a home different from the one I grew up in. I was moving to a home not really wanted by me. A home I chose to save my family. It was truly heart breaking.

I always pictured my wedding and goodbye a little different from this moment. I always pictured myself smiling the broadest on that special occasion and as I said goodbyes to my family, my loving husband would do the same having cared about my family but not the situation I was facing at the moment. Blayze stood without expression, waiting as I said my goodbyes. Perhaps, I was wasting his time as always.

"Can I have your room?" Jo said between sobs and I shook my head at her.

"No, you can't." I instantly slammed down her request. The look in her eyes changed and I smiled loving that effect.

I shifted next to mum who wasted not even a second in engulfing me in the tightest possible hug ever. Tears streaming down her eyes. I understood mum wasn't in on this. She had been against this idea of me getting married to Blayze but what's done is done. I'm ready to dance to the tune of my own music.

"Please be well my daughter and don't hesitate to call us whenever you need to talk to someone. Our home is always open to you, okay?" mum stated so comfortingly that it made me want to cry more. I was no longer her baby daughter and it all happened too soon, without any of us preparing for it. I nodded in accordance to her word before shifting next to dad.

He engulfed me in a warm hug and as we released each other, I could see the apology in his eyes. The sadness filled with guilt at all that had happened. He needed to know this wasn't his fault. I made the decision to accept Blayze's proposal and I couldn't regret it as my family was now safe from harm.

"C, please forgive me." Dad stated in a pleading tone and I slowly shook my head at him as I reminisced on his usual abbreviation of my name.

"There's nothing to forgive. None of this is your fault. I made this decision. Okay?" I told him hoping he would stop blaming himself and walking around with a long face.

"Dad." I called him as he had looked down away from my face. He raised his eyes back to me.

"I'm fine. The one who's in trouble is the man who started all this. He has no idea what I'm capable of. Trust me, I'm going to make him regret ever messing with our family." I told him with a sly smile.

Finally, a little smile drew across his face. He drew closer and placed a kiss on my forehead before we stared once more into each other's eyes. A minute of reminiscing a lot of time spent together.