Chapter 17: Cloudy with a chance with you.

Caden

A look up at the sky and I could see the sun was gone. Dark clouds formed, heavy with rain and thunder rumbled at intervals. The air felt chilly. I lowered my eyes once more and met my husband as well as Jason loading up the trunk of the car with our luggage.

"Do we have to go now?" I had to ask before taking one more look at the sky.

"It's going to rain soon." I declared as I returned my gaze to him. He slammed the trunk shut and turned to me.

"Get in." He ordered before heading to the driver's seat.

A sigh eluded my lips as I momentarily looked away in irritation. It's only okay when Blayze says it is. He isn't in the least bit sorry about spontaneously telling me to pack up and that we were leaving back to the city.

My eyes met with Jason's. He smiled a farewell smile and I for some reason, shyly did the same.

"... try to be virtuous."

I recalled Blayze's words and mentally shook my head at that. I never flirted.

I waved goodbye to him, hugged Gloria and thanked her for her delicious meals before I made my way to the car. I got into the car and still couldn't look away from them. In so little time, I'd gotten used to their company and it felt like home.

"Seatbelt." Blayze reminded and I was forced to look away from them as I buckled up. I waved bye once more as we drove away. Sooner than later, the rain began pouring down.

Taking notice of the weather once more and the speed at which Blayze was driving, I couldn't help feeling worried. Is he trying to get us into accident? I'm too young to die.

"Slow down a bit." I demanded, unable to hold it in any longer. He neither paid any attention to me nor did he heed to my words.

I get it, the road is free but with the rain pouring down this heavily, anything can happen.

"Can you at least consider my safety? I'm not ready to die yet." I added and this time, he barely glanced my side. It seemed faint but I felt him slowing down a bit. That was good enough for me.

I stared back out outside, watching as the rain poured down.

The car galloped and soon, I watched Blayze try to take better control of the wheel as he finally drove to the side.

A light sigh left his lips before he looked my side.

Hesitant at first. "Are you okay?" He asked and I managed to nod though my heart had fallen dip into my chest from the sudden accident that almost took place.

I watched him get down from the car into the rain and running to the other side to take a look at the tyre. Soon, he made him way to the trunk of the car, took out a few tools, a spare tyre and hurried back to fix the burst tyre.

I watched him try to handle everything regardless of the heavy rain pouring down on him. I contemplated within myself if I should help but then a thought crossed my mind at how rude Blayze have always been. Seeing him this way should give me a sense of payback but... for some strange reason, it didn't feel that way. I felt something different. I felt pity.

Blayze

I unscrewed the first knot and at the point of doing the same with the second, I felt a bit dry. Has it stopped raining? So... suddenly?

I looked to my side and my eyes met hers. A simple smile played on her face and for a while, I didn't look away. I followed her hand to the shade over my head. An umbrella.

"Go ahead. Don't mind me." She added as she widened her smile for a brief moment, innocence entailed within her eyes. I noticed the splatter of rain on her left shoulder due to the fact I was shaded me more than she should have. I didn't like that so I looked away for a moment.

Turning back, I took hold of the umbrella with her hand and pushed it back to her.

"Get back into the car."

"No. I don't want to. Like I said, don't mind me and keep at what you've been doing." She disobeyed at once. In irritation, I stood straight and she did the same, forwarding the umbrella over my head once more.

I looked her side, glaring down at her, hoping that alone was enough to shun her away but she stood her ground.

"The longer we wait here, the more we're drenched." She reminded boldly and though I hated this, I couldn't seem to find the right words to use on her. I didn't want to accept her help either so I pushed the umbrella away, this time, it left her grip and fell to the ground.

She glared at me in spite as we both got soaked in the rain. Perhaps, now, she'll listen.

"All I did was try to help. Is that so bad?"

"Yes. Yes, it is. I neither want your help nor anyone else's. It just makes me want more and I... I don't want that."