September 14, 2015

Dear You,
Things still have been going in a bumpy direction still and the bad thing about it is that, it's starting to affect some of my classes.

For instance, I'm taking these AP classes and one day for English I lost my rough draft I've worked on all night and when I went to school so we can edit them, I didn't have it.

Luckily, my English teacher was very kind enough to let me redo it and edit it at home.

So when I went to the library a few days ago to redo it, another classmate of mine (who is like "popular") came down a few minutes later and we talked a bit, small talk per say.

For whatever reason, I suddenly started to break down and cry and it took her by surprise. I told her what had happen ever since the school year started. It was as though everything was spilling out of my mouth like a water faucet.

I told her about how stressed I am, the incident in class a few weeks ago, and more that I really can't put a finger on.
And as soon as I finished, she put her work down and hugged me.

Honestly I felt like crying even more, but instead I hugged back.

She told me her experiences with things too and told me to relax and just not to stress too much. She was very caring and understanding, and honestly, for a long time, I've felt like no one really understood. When she told me what she said, I wasn't shocked, but you know I was like wow, and people say how bad she is.

Now, she's not the typical "popular" girl or whatever you want to call it and she's not the only one who is. There's a bunch. The thing is though, people paint a picture of "them" as though they are flawless and are like this big super star when they are just like you and me. The sad thing is, she's really kind and people tend to say they don't like her because of what they hear or what she appears to be. Totally not the case.

Anyway, back to the story, she made me feel better and relaxed. I can honestly say, I don't recall a time anyone doing that for me whenever I was like that.

I was beyond thankful, and when I went home that day, I felt a sense of confidence and better about myself.
That's why, you never judge a book by its cover.

From, Me