December 15, 2015

Dear You,
This past weekend, our family got into a fight over what would happen on Christmas dealing with our sister.

My older sister, we never really get to see her anymore, a lot of that is due to the fact she lives elsewhere with her fiancé and is attending college.

Anyway, basically long story short, when our mom told us what might happen, we all got very upset.

We felt as if she's dependent on her fiancé all the time and that she needs to be with him every second of the day.
Well, some of us at least.

There's was a lot of yelling, taking sides as usual, and emotions were shooting in all sorts of directions.

Mom was crying and that immediately broke my heart. I can't stand seeing her especially, in pain.

I understood, that my sister has things going on, she's an adult and has a life ahead of her. She was pretty much set up for marriage in her last year or so of high school. I knew, she was doing her best to visit us.

At the same time though, it hurt because I sort of look up to her, and as much as my parents try to be fun now and then, our family isn't the same without her.

In the end, we all parted ways, and luckily, came to a solution which is good. My youngest sister was still being a big pain over it, but none of us really sweated it.

I think all of us really just need a good holiday season, without the constant bickering and taking sides.

In the end, blood is thicker then water (even though mom and my sister aren't related in any shape or form) and we as a family, need to stick together as one.

At least, that's what it's suppose to be.

From, Me