Chapter 3

Chapter 3: I'm so sorry, my love...

"Levi!" Hanji's voice reverberated throughout the hallway as she kicked down the six inch thick oat wood door, fuming, her chest drastically rising and falling. She charged at the stunned Levi, her swords at her side, swiftly cutting through anything that was in her way. "You're going to pay for what you did to (Y/N)!"

Hanji slashed her swords at Levi, aiming for his face, her eyes no longer holding the cheerful soul of hers, but was replaced by something much, much darker. Swiftly, Levi dodged all her fatal attacks, all of them by merely centimeters away. Hanji relentlessly continued to drive him towards the wall. Trying his best to back away from her, Levi accidentally tripped on his own footsteps, landing on his butt as he continued to scoot away from the maniac.

"Oh, look! Humanity's Strongest Soldier under the foot of Humanity's Wisest. Amusing isn't it?!" Hanji giggled like a high school girl as she placed her foot on his chest, pressing nearly all of her weight on it, practically standing on him.

He was now very afraid.

And that extremely rare.

Hanji had never once acted like that, not even when she sees a new species of titans. Just as she was about to strike both of the swords into Him, a pair of hands pulled Hanji away by her waist and removed the the two swords from her hands, throwing them somewhere in the thrashed room.

"Hanji! Calm down!" Erwin soothed her while she continuously pounded on his chest, trying to escape from his iron grip but all attempt were futile. After more soothing, she finally gave up, the adrenaline losing its effects. She broke down into tears as waterfalls escape her cheeks.

"He made her leave! She went away because of him!" Hanji pointed an accusing finger at him, muttering in her breaths, still pouring her tears onto Erwin's already soaked shirt. Levi could only sit there, his forehead creased in confusion. Upon seeing his pathetically oblivious state, Hanji pulled out the letter and handed it to Levi hesitantly before snatching her hand back as if he was the plague. Immediately recognizing the familiar handwriting on the top of the paper, Levi forced himself to read on. His heart beating faster with every word, his eyes scanning the sentences and widening in fear of the next word.

"No..." Levi whispered, tears gathering at the corner of his eyes when he finished the letter. He slumped back onto the floor, his body sagging forward, hands still clutching the paper. His thoughts drifted back to (Y/N). The times they spent together, her laugh that seems to be able to brighten to anyone's say no matter how bad it has been, her mouthwatering food that she cooks for the cadets after their tiring day, her motherly figure towards everyone. But most of all, the smile that he wakes up for every morning when she greets him. The twinkle in her eyes that never seemed to for down.

But now,...she was gone. His world... his roots...his light in the never ending darkness. Gone. All because of him. Tears continued to stream down his cheeks as he rubbed the wedding ring. He stared at the crumpled wall Maria that was roaming with titans, hoping that there (Y/N) would still be swinging through the air gracefully, like she always did.

'I'm so sorry, my love. Forgive me...'