Chapter 14 ※ Levi

Chapter 14: Asking out

"Stop touching me, you crazy titan woman!"

"Then stop moving, shortcake!" Shitty glasses gave me an unexpected punch to the gut which made me double over, giving her an opportunity to tie on the  bowtie on. I pulled the collar of the shirt, trying to get some air down my windpipe since the bowtie proved to be a nuisance.

"Now," Hanji passed me a bouquet of rose. "Take these and go. Don't touch the bowtie!" And she pushed me out of the door.

I clicked my tongue in return, my hands itching to pull my collar to create some space for myself to breathe, but knowing that Hanji was looking at me stopped my urge. I took small steps towards (Y/N)'s door, thinking about how I miraculously managed to arrive myself this situation.

"(Y/N) . Come here." My sentence coming out in an order instead of a call.

She gave me a cold glare before brushing it of. She pulled a chair across from me, plopping herself down, sighing in irritation. "What do you want this time Levi? This better not be more of your stupid times where you call me into your office and just stare at me for about five minutes and dismiss me."

I couldn't help but blush at her statement. It's not like I couldn't how beautiful she is.

"Are you free two nights from now?"

"Yes, why?" (Y/N) 's forehead creased a little, her voice sparked with interest.

"C-can y-you go on a d-d-date with me?" I stuttered out my sentence, looking away, cheeks turning red. Dammit! Shouldn't she be doing this.

"A date? Why don't you just ask Petra to go with you. I'm sure she'll be a much better and pleasurable person to be with." (Y/N) spat out her name like it was poison, her sentence laced with venom. She turned her back towards me and headed for the door.

"Wait! Go on a date with me and I'll leave you alone forever. Just this date. Just one." I sprouted our a deal that I know will determine the rest of my life.

"Fine." With that word from her mouth, a smile lighted up upon my face. (Y/N)'s facade begun to soften, smiling in return.

"Come on Levi, it's just a date. It's not like you haven't been on a date before right?" I arrived at (Y/N)'s door earlier than I thought I would.

Just as I was about to knock on (Y/N)'s door, she opened it, knocking into me. I immediately grabbed her by the waist and pulled her close to prevent her from falling. Her hands on my chest and my hands dangerously low, we jumped off each other, one of my hands on my neck, while she crossed her hands on each other, a habit I noticed over the years I spent with her when we were still together. I took this opportunity to scan my eyes from head to toe. Her dress hugged her slim figure. Although there was a reasonable amount of skin showing, she still managed to pull it of. (the dress is on top)

"Um...here, I got you some flowers. Roses to be exact. They were your favorite and erm... they'll suit your dress..." I handed her the flowers, heat rising up to my face. She gently took them, her fingers brushing mine. Taking one of the roses, she tugged it into her bun, completing the look.

"Thank you, Levi," my name sliding off her lips smoothly. "Shall we be going?"

I could only nod my head in response as I took her hands in mine and lead her towards our awaiting carriage.