Chapter 18 ※ (Y/N)

Chapter 18: Confession

I know I'm being very unreasonable to him and that thanking him should be the right thing to do. But the fact that my 3DMG, that was built from scratch, including the swords and all, got destroyed just got me on my nerves.

Basically, Levi just caught me at a bad time.

I really did want to apologize for it but he had already left me at the church to fight more of the titans. I had no choice but to hope that he comes back safe.

Honestly, deep down in my heart, I still loved him, though I would never confess it to anyone. During my time in the outside world, I have never gone through one day without thinking of him.

He was my first love.

It is never easy to forget the first person you fell in love with, it's even harder to forget the pain they had you going through alone.

There are two types of people in this world. The ones who just gives up their entire life because they cannot cope with the pain. And the ones who continues with their daily activities, carrying the pain with them wherever they go. But no matter what they do to forget the pain, it never disappears, only managing the bury it in the darkest parts of their hearts, hoping that it will never reappear again. I try my best to be the latter, but I guess the past always catches up with you.

It was not long before Eren managed to seal the hole in the wall and the remaining titans were killed. I was helping out with injured cadets at the Headquarters when Levi grabbed my arm and pulled my out of the infirmary into his office.

"What the f**k were you thinking (Y/N)?! Going out of the wall?! Did you know how much danger you put yourself into when you did that?! And how much worry you put me through?!" He locked the door and looked at me, his forehead cringing up together. "I-I know you just want to help your cadets, (Y/N). But I...I...c-can-not l-lose you again..." He sank down into a chair, hands bunching up his hair.

I knelt down on the floor to his level. My hands cupped his face, his figure relaxing at my touch as I brought his eyes to mine, holding his gaze. I wiped off his tears with my thumbs before my hands trailed to his back and brought him in, my warmth calming his worry and pent up frustration.

"You'll never lose me. I promise. I'll stay no matter what happens. I'm not going to run away this time. I don't wanna run anymore. I'm tired of running and hiding. The past few years outside of the wall, that was all I was doing. But no more. That's enough running and hiding for a lifetime."

I put my forehead on his.

"I loved you, Levi. But you hurt me. It still hurts up to this day. So please, give me some time to heal."

A traitorous tear flowed down my face, stopping at Levi's hands which were now on my cheeks, caressing them.

"I love you too."

And he leaned in...