Chapter 15 ※Levi

Chapter 15: The date

"So...where are we going?" (Y/N) asked after awhile. We have been in the carriage for quite a while now, enjoying the wind and the view of the plains. We are on a hill, allowing us a bird's eye view of the village that  was dotted with specks of yellow and white lights.

"We're reaching our destination. Just a while now..."

The carriage came to a stop not long after. I stepped down the carriage and opened the door for (Y/N), offering my hand to her. In response, however, she raised one of her eyebrows and rolled her eyes, pushing my hand away with her infamous smirk. I couldn't help but return that smirk back. I knew that fire in her didn't die out.

I lead her to top of the hill where I personally decorated it myself, might I add. Trees were adorned with fairy lights and a mat was sat up below them. The mat was filled with food that (Y/N) loved. I could still remember that she lived on strawberry cakes. Whenever she wanted strawberry cakes, nothing could ever stop her. (Y/N)'s jaw was touching the ground when she saw it. I walked up to her and lifted her jaw up, "We don't want you to be catching any insects in that pretty little mouth, now do we?"

(Y/N) immediately blushed and looked away, hiding her face behind her curtain of hair. I chuckled in response. Pulling her chair out for her, she began to tuck into her cake, savoring every bite.

"Aren't you gonna eat yours?" She asked after a while. I hadn't noticed that she had already finished hers, when I had been staring at her the whole time. I shook my head and passed my portion to her.

"Do you still remember the time we were fighting the titans in wall Maria. And while we were all fighting, you went into a cake shop only to grab a perfectly clean, unharmed strawberry cake?"

(Y/N) chuckled and smiled, cleaning her fork, "I can't believe you still remember that. Gosh, thats embarrassing...haha..."

I reached out to grab and strand of hair that fallen off and tucked it behind her ear, our faces barely apart. Her plump, luscious lips came into my view. We unknowingly inched towards one another, our breathes colliding. Just as our lips brushed, the sound of explosions made as jumped back in shock.

The smoke from the far east forced us to rush from our positions and hop onto the horses, leaving the carriage behind, riding our way back to the headquarters.

Sigh..When can we every get a break from all these mess. I swear,  sometimes, I really regret my choice of not escaping from the Survey Corps when I had the chance...