Chapter 17

Chapter 17: Knight in shining armor...kinda...

Titans rises and fall as cadets did they're best to protect their only chance at survival. (Y/N) was swooping around, helping out with the gathering of civilians into the inner walls. Levi, however, was on the  top of the church tower, watching (Y/N).

"Wow...stalker much?" Hanji's voice nearly knocking him off his feet.

Much to Hanji's surprise, Levi barely looked at her before turning his attention back to (Y/N), not even a clicked of his tongue. As cheesy as it sounds, his eyes were sparkling with love. Hanji smiled at Levi, happy that he has returned to his original state.

"Come on, lover boy, your cadets need your help," Hanji pat him on the back, spoiling his mood. "And this is also a good time to show off your skills to (Y/N) too" she added, zooming towards the scene of actions, mostly to escape the possible chance of Levi scolding her heads of(Y/N) was busy slashing the nape of a agile 9 metre titan when Levi sliced the legs of the titan, momentarily slowing it down, allowing (Y/N) to make a cut deep enough to end the titan' life. She moved on to her next target, but not after glaring at him for interfering with her kill.

"A simple thank you would be enough!" Levi shouted. 'Woman are so confusing. I help them, and from any possible form of appreciation created, they decide to grant me something negative instead...gosh...women' he thought while his kill count of titans kept increasing. He would look at (Y/N) once in a while, worried for her safety, and of course, admiring her beauty and grace, but that was something he would not admit to anyone, even himself.

Meanwhile, (Y/N) was situated at the outer rim of the wall. She knew her life was hanging dangerously on a thread, but this was what she signed up for, and this is what she will accomplish, what she will sacrifice for the better future. She sliced the nape of another titan before changing into another set of blades. The adrenaline rushing through her body was slowly flowing, the tiredness and ache accumulated from before starting setting in.

Although killing a few titans here and there is a daily chore for her, but not being in a proper battle for such a long time has her spent. (Y/N) lodged herself onto the wall to take a breather before entering the battle. However, before she could laugh herself off the wall, a titan grabbed her by the waist, crushing her 3DMG with with it. (Y/N) bit her lips, holding in the scream, knowing that it was useless. A string of colourful curses flew out of her mouth while she banged the titans hand.

"Wow, didn't know a woman had such a wide vocabulary of vulgarity. Quite impressive really." Levi sliced off the fingers of the titan in one movement, rescuing (Y/N) like a knight in shining armor.

At least, to Levi, he think he is.

(Y/N) crossed her arms as Levi carried her bridal style to the top of the wall.

"Stay here."

"Who do you think I am? A damsel in distress? You of all people should know that I do not need saving!" There's one thing that (Y/N) could not stand was people telling her what to do.

"Hey! I didn't say that! I'm just saved you and this is how you thank me?!"

"Oh, you save me! I , for one, do not need saving alright!"

Levi dragged his hand down his face., grunting. 'Man, this is definitely not what I expected'.