Chapter 12 ※ (Y/N)

Chapter 12: Lance Corporal

"Levi! Help me!" Petra screamed, her hands reaching out towards Levi. I was a bout to kick her in the stomach one more time when the familiar voice rang in my ears.

The voice of my saviour.

The voice of my father

The voice of the only one I trusted in the entire Survey Corps.

Erwin

"(Y/N). Don't." His disapproving eyes calmed my anger and replaced it with guilt. The floor suddenly became very interesting as my fist came undone and I began playing with my fingers. Suddenly, a warm feeling spread through my being as arms were wrapped around me and I tensed up. The smell of mint calmed me down and I wrapped my arms around the heat source, knowing that it was just Erwin.

"I missed you so much. We all missed you."

I stayed quiet, enjoying the warmth of my fatherly figure. But that was until that red head spoilt the atmosphere with her screeching high pitched voice. Sometimes, I really just wanna stitch her lips together. Lets see how she gets out of that!

"You bitch! Who do you think you are coming back here!?" She pointed her finger at me, her eyes on fire.

"I am (F/N) (L/N), Lance Corporal of the Survey Corps. And I am here to take back my position!" I shouted, my voice reverberating throughout the entire mess hall. All the soldiers stood up from their sits, saluting me, honor written on all their faces."

"Lance Corporal (Y/N)!" All of them greeted at the same time, their mouths twitching, all trying their best not to smile. I dismissed them, my voice laced with pride. It definitely feels good to be back!

************************************

It was midnight by the time I was sure that everyone was in deep sleep. I changed into something comfortable and strapped on my 3DMG before jumping out of my window. When I was getting to the ground, I shot out the wires as they stuck themselves onto one of buildings. Through my years of living outside of the walls, I learnt to save my gas. When I was just the right time, I unhooked the wires from their place, letting gravity do its work while I flew through the air. I had always loved the feeling of air rushing past my face. I continued this until reached my destination. The one place where I found my peace.

The top of the castle in Wall Sina.

The only spot where you would be able to get a bird eye view of the whole city. And, of course, the smooth constant flow of the wind. I always wondered what the guards were doing. The security is absolutely the worst. But I'm not complaining. I'll do anything to have this feeling, especially when in now back in the walls, living in a cage, without any freedom, with rules to follow.

Sigh... not even one day and I'm already missing the danger from my home outside...Oh to all the gods that exist... help me