CHAPTER 2

I woke up with Lila and Cooper arguing in front of my room in terribly concealed whispers and instead of getting up to see what they were doing, I decide to just listen to their conversation.

"-don't want to ask her to make the pancakes! You ask her." Cooper was saying

"Why cant you ask her to make them?" Lila asks

"Because I'm older and told you to ask!" Cooper says and I could imagine him sticking his tongue out at his sister.

I chuckle softly before pulling the door open with my mind and letting them walk in while I start putting my slippers on.

"I'm thinking chocolate chip pancakes with whip cream." I say as I skip downstairs and let them follow.

I hear their giggles and whoops of happiness behind me as we walk into the kitchen and start getting out all of the needed ingredients. I get both of my siblings to leave the kitchen to watch TV in the living room so I have more room to make their breakfast without getting distracted and then get to work.

It only took me twenty minutes to get everything ready and then I spent another ten getting the dining room table fixed with everything I knew Cooper and Lila liked. After I  finish getting everything ready I called for both of them to start eating and they ran in straight away, jumping into their chairs and piling their plates with food.

I dug in as well and hummed in approval at my own cooking. Laura walked in as we were all stuffing our faces and we all froze for a minute with guilty looks on our faces as we looked up at her but she just laughed and started piling up her own plate.

When we've all finished, Laura got the kids to help me clean up and we had a small water fight that I had to clean up immediately before she saw and had a heart attack at the sight of the mess. As soon as I got the majority of it done I told the kids to go get dressed so we could go play in the woods and I finished up.

Once I finish up, I go to my room for a quick shower and get dressed in some blue ripped jeans and grey hoodie with a white tank top underneath it. I grab my old overly worn high tops on the way out of my room and run downstairs to get Cooper and Lila so we can go out but instead I hear the all too familiar sound of Clint's voice ring through the house.

"Honey, I'm home!"

I freeze for a moment as I realise I can hear a number of other thoughts in the room as one of my powers being telepathy. I recognise Natasha's almost immediately as she thought about how nice it was to be back at our house, but there were more people in the house that I didn't recognise.

Before I can delve further into one of the peoples' minds I hear Cooper and Lila running through the house at the same time Clint said "Incoming!"

I walk into the living room slowly, unsure of the other people in the room and look each of them over carefully. Each person in the room was dressed up in outfits that wouldn't be considered normal and I recognised each of them from Clint's memories so assumed they were the people he worked with but one mans thoughts made me chuckle slightly at how naïve he was.

'they must be smaller agents' I watched the man who seemed more confused than the others as he stared at Cooper and Lila with an odd expression on his face but then turn my attention to look at Clint who was smiling down at the two of them .

"Company. Sorry I didn't call ahead." Clint says to Laura and then introduced her saying,  "Gentleman, this is Laura."

"I know all your names." She says"Where's Kayleigh?" Clint asks using his nickname for me

I walk further into the room then and over to Clint who held his arms out while the kids run to Natasha. I gladly went into his arms and with the contact saw everything he had been through, this is how Clint and I would great each other after he'd been away for a while so I would know everything was okay by seeing it for myself. But this time there was a psychotic robot involved so everything wasn't okay.