CHAPTER 9

Three hours, twenty-eight minutes, thirty-four seconds later and I was still stuck in Tony's lab. But it wasn't like I was counting or anything.

Apparently Tony was all too keen to run as many tests as possible on me to find out every little secret that came with being a shape shifter, personally I think that he was testing my limits for how long it would take for me to snap and rip out his throat and shove each of his own little test tubes where the sun doesn't shine.  

Eventually, I had enough of all of Tony's experiments and made a point of letting him realising it by letting a deadly snarl escape my lips as he tried to approach me again with another set of test tubes on a tray ready to inject them into my body.

"Sir, I think Ms Barton is showing signs of hostility. I recommend you step away until she has calmed down." FRIDAY's voice rang through the room.

Tony stared at me for a moment and I met his stare with a deadly glare of my own until he finally gave up and set the tray down. As soon as he stepped away I stopped glaring at him and looked down at my hands which were clenched into fists on my stomach.

"I think that will be enough for today." Tony said as if he had a choice in the matter.

Upon hearing this, I scoffed, rolled my eyes at him and then pulled out every tube he had stuck into my arms. Once I was freed I quickly left the room without sparing another glance at Tony and didn't lessen my quick speed until I was on the other side of the building where he wouldn't be able to use a dart gun to stun me which I was sure Tony wouldn't hesitate to do, especially for science.

I must have been wondering around the corridors of the building for about ten minutes before I ran into someone and that someone, was Pietro Maximoff. And I literally ran into him.

I hadn't been paying much attention to where I was going until I crashed into a hard wall and fell to the floor. But it wasn't a wall and instead, was a very firm, very well built chest.

I looked up with a red tint to my cheeks to find Pietro trying to conceal his laughter behind his hand but failing miserably. In the end he just stopped trying to stifle his amusement altogether and let his laughter echo off of the walls of the corridor for everyone to hear while I stood up and dusted myself off with clear irritation written all over my face.

By the time I had stood up and was glaring at him  with the redness of my cheeks gone, his laughter had died down somewhat so he could actually look at me and form a coherent sentence.

"Where are you going мало ватре?" He asked with his eyes still bright and full of mischief as he stared at me.

"Anywhere away from Stark." I muttered but he heard me.

"Is everything okay?" He asked seriously now.

I sighed and dragged my hands through my hair to untangle it while I thought of a reasonable thing to say and decided to just go with being simple.

"I'm fine."

He obviously wasn't convinced but I didn't let him dwell on it as I quickly distracted him by asking him about where I would be sleeping. It had only occurred to me as I asked it, that since Ultron I had only slept in hospital beds because of my freak accidents.

"I can take you to your room. Its next to mine and Wanda's." He said

Before I knew it I was being picked up and rushed to an untouched bedroom. There was nothing in there that showed it belonged to anyone, though that was expected considering I hadn't brought anything sentimental with me when I left Laura to fight Ultron with the Avengers.