CHAPTER 11

I woke up alone the following morning and had a shower, dressed into some yoga pants and a tank top with my fluffy cow slippers on my feet, then went to the kitchen for breakfast.

Nobody froze or stopped talking as I entered the room like I suspected they might, but I noticed Tony's eyes following me everywhere I went as I made myself some toast and found one of the cameras in the room solely trained on me.

I didn't make a scene or anything of the sort and instead went about my business as casually as possible while ignoring the fleeting glances I was getting off of almost everybody. People still had their conversations throughout breakfast though I stayed silent and kept to myself a lot, scared of peoples opinions of me and if they thought I was dangerous.

I thought I was dangerous and that was why I wanted to leave the previous night, but I didn't know if the reason they kept me with them was because they didn't trust me to be out in the public without hurting people, or because they were concerned for my own safety and sanity.

I could name a few people who I knew only had intentions of helping me and not keeping me prisoner, but considering it was Tony who designed the building I wouldn't hold it past him to have a specialised cell specifically for me where he could run tests on me without the risk of me attacking or injuring him.

These thoughts swarmed my head until someone finally pulled me out of them, that someone was Natasha.

"How you feeling Kayla?" She asked me as she sat down on the stool besides me with a pot of yogurt in her hands.

"Like a walking, talking science experiment gone rouge." I muttered and heard her chuckle besides me.

"Well I would know what that felt like." Wanda said as she sat on my other side and joined the conversation.

I was grateful the two women were trying to ease my nerves but I was still worried about what Tony would do to me, especially with his unwavering gaze on me as if waiting for me to break down and kill someone at any moment.

"Why don't you just see what he's thinking?" Wanda asked me when she saw me staring back at Tony.

"I've learnt how to block people's thoughts out for a reason. I like my powers but I still think people have a right to privacy. Even billionaire snobs like Stark." I said

"We were thinking of going to the closest town for a shopping trip today, do you want to come with us?" Natasha asked

I thought about it for a moment and decided that going anywhere with them would be better than spending more time in the training centre, even though I hated shopping.

"Yeah okay, what's the occasion?" I asked as I walked across the room and washed my plate.

"We need to buy dresses for Tony's party next week." Wanda said then turned to her brother who had just walked into the room.

"And you need to get something to wear too." she said

Pietro groaned and sped around the kitchen to make some cereal before standing in front of Wanda again in seconds. "But I don't want to go dress shopping with girls!" He complained like a five year old.

Wanda just gave him a stern stare and I assumed they started talking telepathically because Pietro suddenly paled and was out of the room in seconds with the sound of his now empty cereal bowl filling the silence that had set in the room as it slowly settled onto the countertop.

He reappeared again now dressed with his keys in hand and his face back to its natural colour. I only chuckled and patted his shoulder as I left the room to get changed, wondering as I went what he and Wanda could have been talking about that would make him go so pale.