CHAPTER 4

Ultron was ready for us when we arrived in Sokovia. All of us had our missions and mine was to help conduct the traffic using my telepathy to get into peoples heads while Pietro was getting the police involved and Wanda was getting people out of their houses. Banner was rescuing Natasha from wherever Ultron was holding her captive and Stark was trying to distract Ultron while we helped the people to escape. Keyword; trying.

It quickly became clear to all of us that Ultron was also stalling for his own mission when all of his robots started coming out of nowhere and caused havoc amongst every Sokovian citizen.

"Get off the bridge! Run!" I shout as Wanda does the same somewhere close to me.

Suddenly the ground began shaking around us and the bridge was splitting in half. Next to me, I saw a crack forming and heading in the direction of Wanda but before I could tell her to run, the ground had already formed a gaping hole and she fell through.

I run to the edge and find her holding on by one hand and trying desperately to hoist up the other but with every attempt she was making, she'd start slipping off the edge.

"Grab my hand!" I shout over the noise of the ground breaking around us as I could feel  and see us moving upwards.

Wanda hesitated and it was clear in her eyes that she was scared but I wasn't going to let her fall.

"Do you trust me?" I ask her when I notice her hesitation. She stares at me before nodding slowly and grabbing my hand in hers. I slowly but surely hoisted her up and sling her arm over my shoulders to get her a safe distance away from the edge.

I lean her against an abandoned car while we both catch our breath before I was engulfed in a warm hug.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." She repeats over and over  and I only nod until she let go.

A sharp wind was suddenly whipping my hair around my face and as I pull it out of my sight I see Pietro standing in front of Wanda and checking over her for any injuries.

They start speaking in their first language and I stand back and start shooting on coming robots that had started crawling over the edge that Wanda had been dangling from only moments ago. I use my telekinesis to rip most of the robots in half but the ones that started getting too close had to be crushed into ground or smashed into each other.

"Sorry to break up this beautiful moment, but I could really use some help right now." I say as I turn around and let the blue wisps that cover my hands shoot out and wrap around some robots flying overhead so that they start getting crushed like tin cans.

The twins jump into action immediately, Pietro running off and punching his way through every metal object in sight while Wanda copied what I was doing. Our area stopped flooding with robots after some time so we move to where I could see Clint's arrows flying all over the place and started helping him.

"So Kayleigh," Clint says casually as he shoots another explosive arrow at a flying group of robots "I'm thinking when we go home we should have chicken for dinner. I know how much you and Laura like it and its about the only thing I can cook. What do you think?"

I breath out a laugh and rip three robots to pieces at the same time and answer Clint as casually as he had asked me the question,

"Only if we can have my home made gravy."

I had to split up from Clint and Wanda to get closer into the town soon enough, and I would occasionally see a blue blur run past me to eliminate most of the robots but I got all of the flying ones Pietro couldn't reach. It didn't take us long to take down the robots in that area either but then a huge swarm started running towards us and flying overhead and there was no way me and Pietro could fight all of them all without being killed.