CHAPTER 6

Stepping into the training room was like stepping into an empty art studio. The walls were white and bare with nothing to show that it was an actually training facility fit to be used by Avengers. There was a whole wall that was one complete window and over looked a large grassy garden.

At first I just stood in the middle of the room and wondered how the seemingly bare tiles on the walls, floor and ceiling could be used to train a group of heroes. Then, Pietro moved from behind me and ran to a far wall where he put his hand on a specific tile and suddenly the whole room was brought to life.

One of the white walls slid back to show an entire row of weapons for my greedy eyes to behold and I accessed each and every one of them carefully before looking around the rest of the room. Black markings had appeared on the floor but I didn't understand what  they were for until they glowed orange and Pietro told me to move out of the way. When I did the now orange markings seemed to rise from the floor to create see-through walls inside of the room. The windows were now tinted black and while I could see out of them, I doubted anyone could see in.

I turned around to find Pietro leaning against one of the tiled walls with traces of a smirk on his lips as he watched me taking in everything about the room. I shrugged him off and walked over to one of the see-through orange walls and put my hand to it. Pietro tried to shout a warning to me but he wasn't quick enough (for once) and as soon as my hand was on the cold surface of the wall, I was shot backwards by some sort of force and then I was being shot at by a machine I couldn't see.

Arrows and small sized bowling balls were shooting at us through the wall and I did my best to avoid them but with the wall in the way, I couldn't use any of my powers to keep them at bay until they crossed over onto my side of the wall.

Pietro seemed to sense that I had no idea what was going on because he ran to me in a blur and picked me up so that, in seconds, I was standing on the other side of the room behind a larger wall where the weapons seemed to deflect.

"What the hell is happening?" I all but screamed over the noise of the machines.

"You set off the training simulator without anybody on the other side to turn it off." He calmly said and I realised that he must have done this sort of thing before as a part of his training.

"Does that make a difference?" I asked him and he seemed to think about it for a second before he nodded his head, making his hair fall into his eyes.

"It will continue to shoot at us until it is turned off but without anyone there,  we have no way of getting out as the walls stop us from getting to the door." He said a little less calmly

I tilted my head slightly to look at the machines we were up against and tried using my telekinesis to destroy them but with the walls in the way I couldn't.

"What are we gonna do?" I asked but he clearly had no idea

My powers wouldn't be able to help us in any way and Pietro's speed wouldn't do much to get past the walls so I had to think of something else while Pietro ran around the room, dodging arrows and heavy balls while trying to find a power source on our side of the wall that we could use to take out the machines.

Just as he returned to tell me that there was none, I had an idea but didn't bother sharing it as I quickly searched inside my own head for someone else I could grasp onto and luckily I found Wanda's mind was open and approachable. I opened up my own head so I was able to talk to her and quickly connected myself onto her thoughts.

'Wanda? Can you hear me?'  I tried thinking while inside her head and as I didn't have conversations with people in my head very often, if ever, I started feeling a throbbing in the back of my head but tried brushing it off and concentrated on my thoughts as well as hers.

'Michaela? Um yes I can hear you, but why are you opening your mind?'  she said and her confusion was evident, not only in her mental voice and questions but her thoughts were swarming with possible answers though none of them were correct.

'Later. Right now I need you to get the Vision to come to the training room with Tony in his suit.' I said and while her thoughts were filled with more questions, I was thankful she did as I asked without demanding an explanation.

Me and Pietro weren't waiting for long before Tony, Vision and Wanda were standing in the doorway of the room while we were still behind the barrier wall. I saw the Vision's lips moving but I couldn't hear what he was saying, whether it was because of the noise the weapons were making or the walls that separated us I didn't know.

Tony and Vision moved in front of Wanda and went as close to the barrier walls as they could without getting blasted backwards and I saw Tony raising one of his arms at the wall with a glowing blue circle in the palm of his suit. On instinct I crouched down lowly and Pietro did the same in front of me as we heard a loud 'BOOM' and then Tony, Vision and Wanda started filing into the room.

The wall that protected the door was destroyed but the rest of the machines and walls were still up and running so it was up to Pietro to get everyone to the barrier we were hiding behind safely and quickly without them getting hit or shot at.

Once everyone was together and safe, I told them of my plan to use Tony's energy blasts and the Vision's mind stone to destroy the wall that was in between us and the machines, so that Pietro could super speed to them and shut them down while Wanda and I used our Telekinesis to stop the objects from hitting any of us once the wall was destroyed. Everyone seemed to agree with the plan quickly so we set to work, Tony and the Vision getting into position to do their part while Pietro got ready to run.

Everything happened in seconds. Tony shot out his blue energy blast at the orange wall at the same time the Vision used the mind stone to help and a huge explosion and 'BANG' rang throughout the room as a result. Pietro didn't hesitate to speed over to the machines and unplug each of them while Wanda and I stopped any objects from hitting any of us, most of the time protecting Tony who was too concerned about his machinery and shouting for Pietro to be careful as he unplugged them because, and I quote, 'this stuff costs more than you would hope to imagine and if you break it I'll make you work as my slave until you repay me.'

Once the machines were off, Wanda and I had an easier job directing each of the final weapons onto the floor so they wouldn't damage anything.  Every orange wall was gone and the walls of weapons were hidden behind the tiled walls again so that the room looked like the empty art studio type place I had first walked into.

The Vision left shortly after everything was sorted out and Tony only stayed an extra couple of minutes to check on all of his machinery but once he was done, he too left the room. Almost as soon as I made a move to leave the room, a headache flared and made me stop walking so I could hold her temples.

It didn't feel like a normal headache, it didn't feel like anything I had ever experienced. It hit me so suddenly I almost dropped to the floor at the pain, if it hadn't been for Wanda I would have. She happened to be walking next to me as it hit me and she held me upright as I gasped from the pain. I horrible feeling settled in my stomach and I knew what was coming next, I couldn't say anything and with me being in such a weak state, I couldn't loosen the walls around my mind that prohibited Wanda from seeing my thoughts but somehow Pietro knew.

He grabbed me and ran me to the closest bathroom, holding my hair back as I vomited in the toilet and rubbing circles on my back while he waited for me to finish. The headache didn't fade but a huge rush of dizziness took over when I couldn't let anything more out of my stomach. I practically collapsed on the floor when my legs couldn't support me anymore but Pietro was quick enough to catch me and took me to Tony's lab.

I was put on a bed as sweat beaded across my forehead and though I was shaking, I was boiling hot and wanted the clothes I wore off me, though obviously that couldn't happen with two males in the room.

I heard Pietro talking to Tony about me before a loud buzzing filled my ears and my vision got blurry. I didn't know what was happening, I just knew I wanted it to stop but that didn't happen. I would occasionally let out small whimpers as my whole body felt as if it was on fire yet my teeth were chattering and my hands were shaking like I was cold.

Just as I was taken away by darkness I heard something, or someone speaking to me and I just about heard it before the black dots took over my vision.

"You'll be alright мало ватре"