CHAPTER 5

THIRD PERSON POV

The Avengers were all worried about the two fallen fighters that were still recovering in the new Avengers facility emergency room. As soon as Pietro had fallen, Wanda had felt it and had ripped out Ultron's mechanical 'heart' before she was rescued by Vision. Michaela's black out caused a huge wave of energy to destroy every robot Ultron had ever created so they were no longer a problem but she hadn't been responsive since.

Clint hadn't returned home to his family in weeks but Laura knew about what had happened to their daughter and was just as worried as the others. Pietro, thankfully recovered quickly due to his fast metabolism and quick healing which meant everyone had been hoping it would be the same for Michaela but that wasn't the case.

Pietro had recovered in a matter of days but needed to have multiple tests run on him because of his healing abilities where as Michaela had been forced into a long sleep that she couldn't wake up from. Stark found out that the poison that had been in the bullet was something new that Ultron himself had made so he didn't know about a cure and as Dr Banner was off the grid and untraceable, Stark couldn't do anything but try.

After Pietro had woken up he had stayed by Michaela's bedside for three days straight because he felt like he was responsible for her state even though Wanda and the other Avengers tried to convince him otherwise. Clint blamed himself also but he didn't let anyone know that because he didn't need other people telling him that it wasn't when he knew the truth.

He could have saved her.

Steve and the other Avengers were as upset as anyone else but they were forced into working instead of mourning as they weren't related to Michaela in anyway. Clint had Fury make an exception for Natasha and claimed that she was as close to Michaela's family as he was so she was allowed to have visiting hours whenever she wanted.

Currently, Clint was sitting next to Michaela's bed with the TV humming softly in the background of their silence as he just sat with her. He had run out of things to say on the third day of her being unresponsive. He didn't look up when he heard the door to the emergency room open and kept his eyes trained on his daughters face as she slept.

Someone came to stand next to him but Clint made no move to acknowledge whoever was with him and everyone knew he hadn't spoken a word to anyone in days.

"You should really take a shower old man." The person said

Clint didn't need to turn around to know it was the speedster standing behind him so he didn't reply and just shook his head.

"No really. You should have a shower. Now." Pietro persisted but Clint still ignored him

"That was me being nice old man. Do you want me to be as blunt as a ... how do you say it ... hammer?" he continued

Clint sighed and turned slightly to look at the silver haired man up and down before he slowly stood up and kissed Michaela on the forehead and walking towards the door.

"Don't leave her side until I get back." Clint ordered as he left the room.

Pietro stood standing next to the girl who had saved his life for a while, then he began adjusting her pillows and changing her bed sheets in a matter of seconds in hopes of making her more comfortable. He didn't like staying still for too long so after he had done all he possibly could to make her more comfortable he sat by her bed and played with his fingers as he watched her for a while.

He didn't know why she had been the one out of the two of them to receive the only poisonous bullet or why she had bothered saving his life at all but he knew he was immensely grateful and hoped he would have the chance to tell her that in person once she woke up.