CHAPTER 10

I managed to sleep for another thirteen hours after my little explosion in the kitchen and nobody bothered me during my slumber. I think after everything I said, everyone realised exactly how I was feeling after being through so much.

Now that isn't to say that I was full of self pity, because I wasn't. But Tony tested my limits too far and wasn't prepared for what the outcome would be. None of them were prepared for what I had to say so I knew I would have to apologise sooner or later. 

So that was what I did. Straight after waking up, I showered and got dressed then threw my hair up in a ponytail for it to dry and then searched around the building for everyone.

It didn't take me long to find the majority of people in the training room but they weren't actually training. They were arguing.

As I walked through the double doors nobody noticed me because everyone was too preoccupied watching the argument between Steve, Clint and Pietro against Tony. I leaned back against the wall next to the door and watched everything unfold before my eyes so I could see what was happening.

Once quick look into Natasha's head showed me how the whole thing had started and it didn't take me long to realise that the whole thing was about me.

"-doesn't know what's happening to herself and your making her feel like a freak." I heard Clint say as I zoned back into the conversation.

"I'm just trying to get answers. How do we know she isn't dangerous?" Tony asked

I didn't miss the side glances almost everyone gave each other as they thought about what Tony had said and I couldn't be angry at them for doubting me. I was worrying about what I could do and the pain I could cause almost every second since the change and even I didn't know if I would always be able to control myself.

"Because we trust her." Pietro said with so much determination in his voice it was like he was one hundred percent certain of it. "I was out there alone with her that night. If she wanted to hurt me - or any of us - she would have done it when she had the chance to."

A small smile made its way to my face once I realised he trusted me. He barely knew anything about me but he trusted me.

"You saw what she did this morning. That little outburst could have killed us all." Tony said.

I didn't understand what he meant at that point. I didn't understand how my rant could have killed them but it seemed like I didn't need to because Tony stepped out of his armour and pulled out a glass remote from his pocket and asked FRIDAY to show the footage from this morning.

It quickly became clear that Tony was showing everyone what had happened this morning and I realised that he had camera's everywhere. Even as I looked around the training room I could see at least four of them, I couldn't guess how many he had hidden around the rest of the house.

I watched the video footage with interest, wanting answers without asking for them and I found them.

A 3D hologram of what had happened that morning appeared in the middle of the room so I was able to see what everyone else saw during my outburst.

At first nothing happened and it was just be ranting about everything that happened and as I watched it I realised how much of a whining child I sounded like. I then realised that objects around the room began levitating behind and around me and my eyes were glowing a very bright blue colour. More and more objects began floating around me and some began zooming around the room without touching anyone but a coffee cup got very close to crashing into Steve.

After my rant finished, everything went back to their original positions like nothing had ever happened but the plate of bacon continued to stay levitated. Just as the hologram me was about to leave the room, Tony told FRIDAY to pause the video and he zoomed into the frozen image onto my hands where long dark claws replaced my fingernails.