[10]

Later on that night, Skylar sat in Bella's truck, both silent. Skylar glanced over at her twin before turning to stare out the window.

"Did you know?" Skylar asked hesitantly. "Did you know about Jake being a werewolf?"

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Bella shake her head. "Sky I promise, I didn't know anything. Jake came into my room last night and asked me to try and remember the legends he told us. Remember, down at the beach?" Skylar scoffed gently, a smirk gracing her lips. Oh, what she would do to go back in time, where everything was so much simpler. "Well, last night, he asked to think about the legends... and, I don't know. I had a dream about these massive werewolves – the same ones I saw in the meadow. And I just remembered everything." Pausing, Bella looked over. "I didn't mean to drag you into this, Sky."

"Too late," she laughed, shaking her head. "I should probably tell you as well. I went to Jake's house before today - to see if I could talk some sense into him – but he wasn't there. Sam and Paul were though, and I swear when I looked at Paul. I don't know how to describe it, Bells. I've never felt anything like it... But it's probably just some school girl crush, right?"

Bella was silent, a taunt look on her face. "Skylar. Paul is not a good guy. From what I've heard, he, well... he gets around a lot. I wouldn't trust him."

"Oh," Skylar breathed out, trying to hold back the sudden tears that filled her eyes.

"I'm sor-"

Skylar placed a hand on her sister's arm. "No. It's okay. Thanks for warning me." Noticing that they had pulled up in front of their house, Skylar let out a relieved sigh. "Um. I'm really tired so I'll probably just go to bed for the night." Ignoring her sister's looks, she rushed into the house and up to her room. Why was she so upset? She hardly knew the guy.

****

Stretching, Skylar groaned when she looked at the clock. 12 in the afternoon. Thank God it's a Saturday. Still not satisfied with the amount of sleep she had got Skylar fell back on the bed. Eyes fluttering shut, she was on the brink of sleep when something hit her window, making her eyes snap open.

"Oh this better be good," she muttered. Dragging herself out of bed, she shuffled to her window and peered down. She rolled her eyes and opened the window. "What do you want, Embry?"

The said boy beamed up at her, motioning for her to move back. Confused, Skylar obliged. Hearing a commotion, she walked up to check it out before being tackled by Embry, the pair falling on the floor.

"Before you say anything," Embry started, "I did tell you to stand back."

"Get off me," Skylar grumbled, trying to push the bigger teenager off of her.

Laughing, Embry shot up and held out a hand for her, helping her stand back on her own two feet. "Hi Sky." His face twisted up and another laugh came out. "That rhymed."

Amused by his childlike personality, Skylar raised an eyebrow at him. "You're like a five year old. What do you want?"

"I can't come over and hang out with my friend," Embry said, an offended look sketched on his face. "Well, I never thought..." Skylar shoved him, making him laugh. "I seriously did come over to hang out. It's been too long."

"You couldn't come through the front door," she asked, chuckling at the look that came over his face. "And have to go through your dad? No, thank you," he drawled out. "So I thought we would go the reservation!"

Skylar shook her head, glancing over her shoulder at the clock that hung above her bed. "I promised Jess and them that I would hang out with them later on."

His face fell, lips puckering out. "But..."

"Puppy dog eyes don't work on me, honey. But good try." Trying - and failing - to shove his body back towards the window, Skylar laughed. "Now go. I have shit to do."

He held his hands up in mock defeat, walking over to the open window. "Fine, fine. But you have to come over someday this week."

"Deal. Now go." She watched as he jumped out the window and ran towards the forest, throwing her a wink.

u