[12]

Skylar sat on the couch, head rolled back and her eyes closed. Listening to the television, which was currently on some random ball game when someone knocked on the door. Groaning, Skylar looked at the door, then back at the TV, hoping that someone else would get it.

"I know you're in the Sky! I can hear you," Embry's voice rang out.

"Fuck off, Embry!" Skylar could him his laugh through the walls.

"Come on, Sky. There's only three of us here."

Mumbling about how she was gonna kill these guys, Skylar regretfully got up off the comfortable couch and lazily strolled towards the door. Opening it a smidge, she glared outside. "What?" She looked at Embry – who was currently smiling like he had won the lottery – before turning her gaze to the other two; Paul and Jake. She could understand Jake but she was a little confused on Paul. Quirking an eyebrow, she asked again. "What do you want?"

"Ra-wr, someone is grouchy today," Embry winked, doing some weird cat motion with his hand, laughing when Skylar tried slamming the door. "That hurts." Pushing past her, Embry came right in and headed for the kitchen. Cringing when she heard her fridge door open forcefully, she turned back to the other boys.

"I'm here to see Bella," Jake nodded, strolling upstairs.

Her gaze followed him and turned once more to the last boy standing outside, who smirked down at her. "I don't think we've been formally introduced. I'm Paul."

Skylar stared at him for a moment or two before nodding. "Skylar, but I think you already know that." Peering around her, she shrugged. "Might as well make yourself at home. The other two already have." Bobbing his head down for a short second, he waited for her to go back in before following her. "Embry don't you dare eat all my food!" Rolling her eyes when he simply snorted, Skylar went back to watch her game, Paul watching her every move.

"You like basketball?" He asked, amused.

"Hate it. But Charlie left it on this and I'm honestly too lazy to change it."

Plopping down beside her, Paul stared at her. And stared at her. When Skylar had turned her head and raised her eyebrows, he still didn't waver. If anything, his smirk grew wider.

"Is there something I can help you with?" Skylar asked, head tilting slightly.

He shrugged. "You wanna go out sometime. I would love to get dinner with you sometime."

Thinking back to Bella's words, she shook her head and turned her head back to the screen. "Lemme think about it... Damn, I actually think my schedule is all filled up for the next forever."

He simply continued to smirk at her. "I don't get discouraged easily."

"That's your problem, not mine," Skylar retorted.

Turning when she heard a pair of footsteps come downstairs, she spotted Jake and Bella, who frowned at them. "We're gonna head out for a bit. You want to come?"

Embry picked then to come out of the kitchen, mouth completely full of food. Shaking her head, Skylar peered back to Jake and Bella. "I think I'll stick around here. I don't dig being a third wheel all the time."

Nodding, Bella gave one more, short glare to Paul, who returned it back, and walked out, Jake right beside her. Embry came around to sit beside Skylar, who shook her head. "No, no, no. I am not sitting beside both of you all. You're going to literally burn me up. Not even joking."

Embry wrapped an arm around her and ignoring Paul's low growl, pulled her back down beside them. "I say we make this a good time. What do you do for fun, Sky?"

"Don't you fucking dare."

Skylar mustered her deadliest glare at Paul, who threw her a wicked smirk.

"Paul, if you move that piece I will tear you limb from limb."

He simply flicked his eyebrows up.

"I swear to God! Dammit! I fucking hate you!"

Jumping up, she knocked over the board. Laughing loudly, Paul leaned back. "Damn, girl. I never knew you sucked so badly at Sorry."

"You're my new enemy," Skylar grounded out. "I'm so done with you. Get out."

All Paul did was laugh.

"Out," she repeated.

"Tell you what," Paul mused. "If I leave now, you have to make it up to me later by going to dinner with me."

"Take the answer, Paul. I'm going to keep saying no."

Grinning widely, he shrugged and stood up. "You'll say yes eventually, doll. I promise." Dodging her glare, he quickly pecked her on the cheek, leaving her alone just as fast. "I'll get you to say yes to me!"

WHERE I BELONG [P. LAHOTE]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara