[13]

Skylar stepped downstairs, rubbing her eyes. "Morning, dad. What's for-"

She stopped in her tracks as she noticed the two people sitting in the kitchen. Charlie smiled up at her, motioning towards the plate of eggs sitting next to him. Paul, on the other hand, a cup of coffee in his hand and the biggest possible grin on his face.

"Paul stopped by this morning, talking about you two were going out later," Charlie said, scanning the front page of the newspaper.

Skylar took the chance to turn her glare towards the boy who looked like a kid on Christmas. "Oh did he?"

Paul winked at her. "You wake up at noon? Good to know... You might want to get ready thought. I thought we'd go to the beach today."

"Oh did you?"'

He winked again.

"Anyways, I have to get to the station. Paul, it was nice meeting you. Tell Sam I wish him the best." Both men standing up, Charlie made the motion to shake Paul's hand. "I'll see you later, Sky." Placing a kiss on the top of her head, he made his way out the door, oblivious of the staring match going to between the two.

As soon as the door shut, Skylar spoke up. "What do you think you're doing?"

"I thought I'd stop by to have breakfast with you dad. He's a good man," Paul chuckled.

Rolling her eyes, Skylar put her hands on her hips. "What your deal?" Before he respond, she quickly continued. "What do you want from me?"

"I just want to get to know you better. I promise." Looking at her hopefully, he tilted his head at the door. "So what do you say?"

"Asshole!" Skylar muttered, pushing Embry – who barely moved – when he kicked the ball from under her feet.

"You gotta play the game," he simply said, running towards the opposing goal.

The pack had somehow managed to convince Skylar to play a game of soccer with them. So far, it wasn't going as well as she hoped.

When the ball was coming back towards the goal where Skylar was defending, she prepared herself to stop the ball flying towards her. Surprising everyone, including herself, when she stopped her first ball from hurling into the goal.

"Woo!" Paul hooted, beaming at her. "That's my girl! Stopping the ball from going in, even at superhuman strength!"

Embry rolled his eyes, playfully pushing Skylar. "I wasn't going to kick a ball that could-"

"That's my girl!" Paul repeated, running up and scooping Skylar in his arms and twirling her. Ignoring her squealing, he spun her some more before setting her down. "So good!"

She could feel the rest of the pack roll their eyes simultaneously and walk away. She couldn't bring herself to care. Skylar felt to content in his arms.

Setting her down, he gleamed down at her. "So what do you think now? Happy you came?"

Skylar glanced around the beach, looking at what everyone was doing; the imprints in each other's arms, another small game of soccer going on further down the beach, others eating. Everyone was happy. Laughing.

Looking back at Paul, Skylar nodded. "I am. I really am."