[11]

"Bella!" Skylar shouted out, fanning her arms out to clear the smoke. "Dammit, Bella, I need you!"

"What?" The said twin exasperated. Eyes widening when she saw the abundancy of smoke in the kitchen, Bella quickly opened a window. "What the hell did you do, Sky?"

"Um," Skylar started, a mischievous look on her face. "I tried to cook something for lunch... But... Yeah." Rolling her eyes playfully, Bella quickly took the pan off the stove and dumped the burnt food in the trash, putting it in the sink to cool off. "What do you want to eat, then?"

"We could go the reservation to eat. Emily invited us back anytime." Seeing the look on her twins face, Skylar quickly continued. "I mean, it would be good for you to see Jake again. To, you know, fix your relationship." When she simply got a blank stare in return, Skylar squealed. "Let's go."

***

"Skylar! Bella!" Emily smiled, pulling the two girls close. "How are you?"

"I tried making lunch, but sadly, I was not blessed with those skills," Skylar drawled out, a slight blush from embarrassment forming on her face. "So we'd thought that we would stop by here to eat."

Biting back a smile, Emily ushered the twins in. "Don't be ashamed, honey. I wasn't either until all these boys showed up." Making their way to the kitchen, Emily went straight to the oven and stirred a pot. "I'm making spaghetti for them anyways. They should be back from patrol anytime now."

"What is it like being surrounded by them all the time," Skylar questioned, curious.

Laughing loudly, Emily turned and winked at the pair. "Exactly what you would think."

The three of them continued talking for what seemed like minutes – surprising Skylar when she had saw that at least been conversing for an hour. Five boys came storming through the front door, surprise masking their face when they saw the twins sitting there.

"Skylar, Bella." Sam greeted politely, nodding at them. "Good to see you back here after the past few weeks."

"I'm sure some are happier than others," Embry snorted out, elbowing Paul. Simply scowling at the smaller boy, Paul turned his gaze back on the twins – or twin – a smile forming across his face.

"Well," Emily began. "You guys came back just in time. Food's ready." She glanced up at Sam, giggling when he started kissing her face. Skylar smirked at the two but looked away, giving them their moment.

She nudged her twin and the two made their way over to the kitchen, getting in the back of the line. "Have you finished your English homework?" Skylar quietly asked Bella.

Bella gave her a long stare. "You haven't finished it yet? Skylar, it's due tomorrow."

"Well... about that. I sort haven't started it yet, and was wondering if you would maybe like to help your favorite sister out," she smiled widely.

"You're my only sister," Bella pointed out. "Don't you ever do your homework?"

Skylar made a face, looking away. "Homework and I were not meant to be."

Rolling her eyes, Bella replied. "It's a wonder how you ace you're classes." Simply winking, Skylar moved up to the oven. Reaching for a plate, she observed the steaming spaghetti in front of her. "Mmm, Emily. You have to teach me to cook."

"Please," Bella said. "You're a lost cause."

Snorting, Skylar automatically glanced over at Paul, heart fluttering when she noticed the small smirk on his face. She walked over to the table and plopped down between Embry.

"Sky!" Embry shouted out, mouth full of food.

"Ew," Skylar said. "Embry, chew. No- stop opening your mouth! Embry that's disgusting." Laughing, she tried to shut his jaw, scooting father away when he got closer. "I swear, if you do not chew I will punch you in the face so hard..."

"Embry," Sam lectured, a scowl on his face.

The younger boy immediately stopped, winking at Skylar. Swallowing, he tilted his head and glanced up at Paul, who was sitting down directly in front of them. "So, Paul-"

"What are you girls looking at doing after high school?" Emily interrupted, throwing a look at Embry.

"Umm," Bella quietly said. "I'm not really sure yet. Maybe go to college in Alaska."

"Alaska?" Emily asked, surprised. "That's pretty far away. What about you, Sky?"

The said girl shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know yet, honestly. I'm thinking about taking a break from school, getting a job here. Or I'll go to college. My options are pretty vague at this point," she laughed.

Emily smiled at the younger girl. "Well, you're always welcome here."