Chapter 18- Daisy

Chapter 18- Daisy

"Daisy! I've made you breakfast!" Hailey shouted from downstairs, waking me up instantly.

I looked at my phone that laid on the bedside table, it's screen showing me that the time was 6:00 am.

So early but so true. 

March 16th 2012. It was the day, the day I've been working so hard for. The day I feel like I need to do everything to do what my parents wanted me to do. The day of my "end of year" exam. 

"Ok! I'll be down!" I shouted back, hopping out of bed. I drew the curtains open, blinding my eyes as if I were a vampire- literally, it hurt like hell. After that, I attempted to make my bed all tidy and clean, put on a pair of trainer socks to keep my feet warm and then ran down the stairs. I was ready for the day, I just knew I could do anything with this attitude- I knew I had an attitude anyway but that day I was ready to work it better than ever before.

"Mmm this looks so yummy." I mumbled to myself, rubbing my hands, showing I was hungry and ready to dig in to the food that was laid out infront of me.

"There you go." Hailey placed down a cup of tea for me, just the way I liked it. Golden brown in colour and not boiling hot.

"Thanks." I replied, smiling, as Hailey soon sat down across the table from me.

She's one of the bestest friends I could ever of asked for. Hailey even took off the day, just so she could support me in my exam. She knew I was excited for that day, and she got it perfect by serving me the best breakfast ever. Hailey must of gone shopping the day before because we never ever have this much food- and as I've mentioned I normally just have my boring old bowl of cheerios and toast. 

"Excited for today?" She asked, with one of the biggest smiles she's ever shown.

"Yeah, bit nervous though." 

"Aw, I'm sure you'll do great!" 

"Yeah, well I have Eliza to sing with. It's gonna be amazing." I said, smiling back, adding more and more food onto my plate.

"You guys have been practising for ages now! I'm pretty sick of hearing Adele on the radio though..." 

"Haha, same here." I replied, after biting into a warm piece of toast.

We continued to eat until we pretty much ate all of the food that was on the table, leaving only some fruit that we avoided for the sweet things- like pancakes. Wrapping up breakfast and showering were the only couple of things left to do before applying my makeup and wearing one of the new outfits I had bought.

"Dang you look hawt gurl!" Hailey said, in her Texas accent.

"Why thank you young squirrel!" I replied, my Texas accent wasn't as good but I always try to fit in.

"You ready for this?" She asked, handing me my lucky leather jacket, keys and handbag.

"Yep, let's go!" 

+ + +

"Good luck today, Daisy." Stan said, handing me and Hailey our Starbucks, like he normally does.

"Thank you!" God damnit, I sound so annoying when I use my manners. "I hope Alice wont shit on me again." I continued to walk along the college halls with Hailey by my side, after collecting our drinks.

"Haha, Daisy just ignore her. She's a total bitch who's just jealous of you." Hailey said, staring at me before taking a sip from her hot drink.

"Hm, I suppose."