Chapter 49- Harry

Chapter 49- Harry

"Are you sure you're okay with it? Because if you're not, then I'll sleep back in there." 

"Daisy. I've told you, that I'll only sleep if I know that you're okay." The girl continued to look down at the wooden floor, even though I could see a slight blush forming on the apples of her cheeks. "Now, stop being silly, and come to bed." 

I patted my hand down by the spot next to me, as the girl still stood by the door, mentally thinking about if I'm telling her the truth or not. "Okay." She breathed. 

Her warm body soon slipped down, by the end of her half, which was as far away from me as possible. If only I could tell her that I want her to be in the same bed as me, desperately and that I need her as close as possible. "Harry, can I ask you something?" 

I secretly looked at the girl's back, and the way her waves fell down it and on to the sheet. "What is it?" A long silence formed, telling me that she was thinking about how she could say the thing she's been wanting to ask. Or, she was picking out a question of many. 

I couldn't take not facing her, and just before she began to speak, I forcefully pushed her round with my hands, bringing her about 5 inches away from me. A soft smile formed on her lips, probably due to my action, and she flicked her eyelashes before she thought of her final answer.

"Why did you tell me about Carice and the team?" 

I wasn't expecting that to be the question she had been wanting to ask. I thought it would be about something that had happened that day, not the day before hand. 

"Simply because..." Before I could stop, my fingers trailed up the soft skin of her face, making their way up to loose strands of hair. My fingers warmed to her touch and I swear I felt her body tingle, as soon as I had made contact. "I trust you." I whispered. 

A happy smile simply spread across her soft lips. "Is that the only reason? Or did you want to tell me for something else?"

"Well, it was mainly because of that but then also, I wanted you to know because it was a big part of my past. Not many people know and I kept on telling myself to admit what happened to me, to you, because I trust you with it and that I knew that you'd understand for some reason."

"I do understand." Her eyes flicked from my bare chest, and then back up to my eyes. They showed hurt and neglect, making me want to bring her closer. But I didn't. "And Carice is a bitch for what she did. Did she tell the rumor after you broke up with her? Is that why?"

"Yeah." I breathed. "It seems so silly, telling people I was gay and that I messed around with the sailing teacher. Me and my friends just laughed at her because that obviously didn't happen but then after a while, people turned their backs on me and it all began to start."

"She made it seem like you guys were really close, when she helped me at the bakery." Daisy spoke in a soft, quiet tone. The way she didn't mind that I kept stroking her hair out of her face, and even kept a smile, made me warm inside. She was looking in to my eyes directly, as I carried on fiddling with her waves.

"That's how she plays. One minute she acts like another, and then the next, she's back to being the horrible person she is."

"Hailey can be like that sometimes." She sighed. My attention came to alert me, directing it at a different conversation that she had led me on to. I sat up on my right arm, bringing it away from her face, as I looked down at her, ready to listen.

"Are you guys alright?" 

"Mmm..." Daisy lost eye contact with me, as she began to think whether to tell me the whole truth, some white lies or an entire fib. She wouldn't lie to me, because she's now admitted that she trusts me and also, she wouldn't be able to lie, because I can tell when she does it. "Not really."