Chapter 55- Harry

Chapter 55- Harry

"She's feeling sick again, so I left her a bowl by the bed and I made her a hot water bottle for the cramps." I explained. My hands rushed rapidly to get the keys off the side table, before going back to face Gabriel. "Don't let her do anything, just make sure she's comfortable and feeling alright. At all times, okay?"

"Will do." He smiled softly. "I wouldn't hurt her in a million years because then you'd kill me with one punch."

"I just care for her a lot, alright? So, please. Just make sure she's happy." 

"Of course I will." Gabriel followed behind me, down the hallway. "Do you want me to clear any of the mess up whilst you're gone?"

"No, it's alright I'll clean the rest up later. I wont be long, hopefully." I opened the door to the cabin and smiled gratefully at my friend before hurrying in to my car. I didn't want to waste a single second of the time I could have been using to make sure that she's alright. At least I knew that I had left her in good hands.

After a short car ride, up the empty roads, I soon got out of my car again but this time, I was parked in Noah's Dad's drive way. My eyes travelled up and down the large house that I always admired in the Summers that I sometimes stayed, taking in the details. 

It was a large mock Tudor- you'd normally find a lot of these in Cheshire, where I grew up- with beautiful, colourful stain-glass windows taking up most of the walls. The front door was massive and it was framed by metal-sealed glass, making the house balance between a historic and modern feel at the same time. 

"Harry, welcome. Please, do come in." Michael- Noah's Father- greeted me. I quickly stepped inside, rubbing my arms up and down as the warmth hit my skin. "Right, I have everything we need in the living room."

"I'm sorry this has happened to both you and Noah." I followed behind the large man.

"Oh, dear God, Harry. This was certainly not your fault. Noah called me to say that you came back to see the lock punctured in and it's such a pity that someone has gone and ruined your stay." I nodded my head in agreement, mentally picturing Daisy's upset face, as she dropped down the stairs with the sheet of lyrics in her hands. 

We entered the old-fashioned, large living room where the fire had been lit and the family's dog, Sage, was found sleeping on the red rug in front of the flames. My eyes lifted from the relaxed Pointer to the table, where tons of papers had been scattered across the surface, ready to be examined. 

The good thing was, is that I didn't have anything to sign due to the cabin being Noah's and that he didn't accept any booking or payment when I asked to borrow the house for the week. All I had to do was name what had been broken and taken- excluding Daisy's songwriting notebook. I didn't need to mention that, and I'm sure she wouldn't like anyone to know about it. She said she wanted to forget and move on about it, anyway. 

I tried to give a detailed picture of what had been distroyed in side the building and I gave as much information as I could. I told Michael about the plates, the decorations and the pillows that were sliced open in Daisy's room. I told him that even though the lock on the door got cut, we could still use the keys to shut it securely. I told him about the curtains, the broken mirrors- all the things that could be easily replaced, the things that could simply be bought around the corner.

But my mind couldn't rest at the thought of Daisy and her little green book. The way I watched her, ever so carefully, on that Monday evening as she tried to think of more thoughts to jot down. I remember, clearly, as I focused on the way she kept her pen fiddled in between her juicy, plump lips and the slight dent that appeared in the middle of her forehead, as her eyebrows neared closer and closer to each other. She's so beautiful and unique, quite different to other girls I have met before.