Chapter Five: Sports & Jerks

The sun streaming through my bedroom curtains. It's finally saturday! School has been stressful this past two weeks. I only had one encounter with Blaire and that's only when she asked me for a pen. I told her to rot in a hole and die. That got me another detention. Allison treats me like I'm one of her best friends. I don't like her. She's dating Logan and she's close friends with Blaire and Miranda. She probably had something to do with the drink Miranda gave me. Damon and I have surprisingly been getting along. We laugh and have good conversations with each other. I now consider him as my friend. He actually is teaching me how to play football. Not like I want to play but it's fun. Ryan, Alex and Dylan always try to tackle me. It's not fair! Alex actually plays basketball but he's really good at football. Damon actually got me to watch the game with him! I was actually screaming at the TV screen because player 18 was being stupid. He kept tackling his own teammates! Well enough about Damon. Klaus and I have been jogging every morning. I actually forced him to because I didn't want to run alone. Last year at my old school I won at Nationals in China for track. I was supposed to compete this year. Sadly I had to move here for the rest of the school year. I wanted to try out for track but I don't think they're accepting new members.

Tossing the comforters off me I headed down the hall into Klaus's room. Shaking his body, "Wake up!"

Klaus groaned, telling me he's sleeping in today. Then who am I going to run with? Walking into Archer's room I smiled mischievously. He looked so peaceful when he slept. Quietly walking towards his bed. I jumped on top of him, "Archer! Wake up!" I shook him.

Archer wrapped his arms around me quickly flipping us over. Archer on top of me, his head rested on his pillow. He's squeezing the hell out of me. I could hardly breath, we're too close and I can't help but feel something for him. The smell of Axe cologne made my body tingle.

"Archer!" I giggled, trying to push him off me.

Archer yawned, "Why are you disturbing my sleep?" he managed to chuckle.

"I need someone to run with me."

Archer lifted his head off the pillow and smirked. "Okay, I'll go."

Archer and I keeping the same pace as we jogged. My shorts might be too much. I don't know why I get so nervous and overwhelmed when I'm around him. Archer jogged backwards and winked at me. "Let's race!"

Archer has no idea what he's getting his self into. I'm a prodigy at track and he's a prodigy at basketball. Archer grabbed my hand, "Follow me?" he asked.

I nodded my head. Archer dragged me to one of the old oak trees. He pointed at the horse shed, "From here to there! Loser cleans kitchen tonight." he grinned.

"Start getting your gloves." I teased.

Once he said go we sprinted through the trees. I let Archer get ahead of me before I just ran past him. It took me less than fifteen seconds to make it to the horse shed.

Leaning against the shed I waited for Archer to jog up to me. I waved, "I guess you have dishes tonight."

Archer placed his hands on his knees, "Klaus was right. You're good." he panted.

"Klaus told you I ran track?"

"Yeah. I thought he was lying but I wanted to see for myself. Why don't you show that side of yourself?"

"Maybe I'm afraid if a person got to know me they wouldn't like me." I forced a laugh, "Let's finish jogging."

"Sele-"

"Archer let's go!" I giggled, running into the woods. I don't want Archer to know how my life is. It's too personal...

He didn't need to know how I buy my friendship. How I almost got brutally abused by my mom a few years ago. How my dad use to avoid me because I reminded him of her. How he uses work as an excuse not to spend time with me sometimes. How I use to starve myself because girls use to call me fat. I use to be very depressed but I learned how to only look out for me, myself and I. I don't know how Archer thinks he's going to help me but I'm willing to let him try.