Chapter Eight: Hearts & Darts

Coach Henley blew the whistle. The sound echoing my ears as a bolt of adrenaline shoots through me. Sprinting across the track, passing my fellow competitors I smirked. Keeping my breathing calm and steady whilst running. The ends of my hair brushing against my back. Glancing over my shoulder, this girl named Ashley was catching up. Increasing my speed, she was far behind me in no time. My palms were sweating along with my whole body, I was dehydrated. I forgot to stretch and drink a bottle of water. I guess I was too excited to tryout for the track team. With Rebecca's help of course. She's on the track team. Once I was close to the girls actually on the team. I slowed down and jogged over to them. The coach is flabbergasted, astonished, shocked and everything else similar to my performance. Some of the girls rolled their eyes and glared at me. The other half applauded and went on about how fast I ran. Placing my hands on my knees I panted heavily. Coach Henley passed me a bottle of water. Ashley finally finished along with the other five girls.

"I haven't seen running like that since, I was in high school! What's your name?" he asked me.

Drinking what's left of my water I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, "Selena Garcia."

Crossing his arms, "Well I'll be dammed. Where have you been this whole year?"

"I just transferred here about seven weeks ago."

"How long have you ran track?"

"Six years. I won first place last year at Nationals."

Coach was stunned. Nodding his head he smiled. Coach blew his whistle, "Everyone head to the showers. Tryouts are done for today."

Rebecca and I left the locker room once we were done taking a shower. I had my bag slung over my shoulder. My shorts kept rising every time I lifted my leg. Taking out my Yogurt Palace T-shirt I pulled it over my tank top. My legs are a bit wobbly from all the running but I'll manage. Placing my hair into a messy bun, Rebecca rummaged through her purse for her lip gloss. "You were awesome out there. Mia thinks you're taking steroids."

I covered my mouth to muffle my laughter. Rebecca smoothed watermelon lip gloss over her lushes lips, "I'm surprised you've been able to avoid Allison all week."

"Me too. It's not that I'm scared of what she might do it's just I don't want any drama."

"You already started drama when you let Logan shove his tongue down your throat." she giggled, pushing open the school door.

Walking down the steps, "He's the one who kissed me." I pointed out. I didn't make the first move but I let him kiss me. Both of us are at fault. Damon and Archer are leaned against the truck talking. I didn't know Archer was going to be here! Damon specifically told me he was picking me up. His Yogurt Palace shirt wrinkled and his hair a mess. Only Damon could pull off this look.

Damon's eyes turned into lust when he looked at Rebecca. It's obvious that he likes her and Rebecca feels the same. I knew she was lying about having a crush on Klaus. She's sneaky.

"You both look gorgeous." his grey eyes squinting and his mouth curving into a smile.

Rebecca flicked her hair over her shoulders, "Don't we always?"

"Don't get too cocky, Beck's." he winked. Archer continued to text on his phone while those two flirted. It's been almost a week and he hasn't spoke a word to me.

"I call shotgun!" Rebecca ran over to the passenger side. She did that on purpose! Damon and her snickered. Walking around the truck, I got into the back with Archer. Archer began to play temple run on his phone. I love that game! He knew I liked that game but I had too much space on my IPhone 5 so I had to delete it.