Chapter 7 - Party

Music was blaring from downstairs. I could hear the house being wreaked. Lamps were crashing and people were screaming. I'm sure someone brought alcohol. Great. I'm doing homework, I have to write an essay on Jane Eyre for English. I told Nick not to let anyone upstairs but I'm sure as the night progresses, someone will end up upstairs. Mr. and Mrs. Walter won't let me have a lock on my door, I'm not quite sure why, so I'm sitting against the door on my laptop, writing an analysis of the authors intent with the physical characteristics of Jane and Edward. Yippee. I was wearing a pink tank top and pj shorts , and my loose curls from earlier hung down past my shoulders.

"H..He...Heyy" someone slurred knocking harshly on my door, "I need to use the bathroom! Anyone in there?!"

"This isn't the bathroom, that's the door to your left!" I yelled back, this was bad, I'm officially contained in my room, if I go out, I will be sucked into the terrifying swamp of teenagers infesting my living room.

"Hey ba..babe, open up" I heard Nicks intoxicated voice coming from the other side of the door, "come on join the party!"

"Nick NO! GET AWAY!" I yelled through the door.

"Nope. You're going to join the party, come on!" With that he started kicking at my door, after the third attempt he busted a hole, in my door. I immediately jumped up and the door swung open. He gripped my arm and tugged me downstairs.  He picked up someone's half finished beer and downed it, he grabbed my waist and hoisted me up so I was sitting on the counter, he used my waist as leverage to try and kiss me. Without thinking I kicked him in the groin, he doubled over and slurred out, "you.. You're gonna.. Gonna pay for that." He picked he up and threw me to the ground and started kicking me, he kicked me until I blacked out on my kitchen floor, as I was drifting off I heard sirens blaring in the distance.

When I woke up I was laying on my couch with a police officer kneeling next to me, "Hey sweetheart, what's your name?" He asked clearly worried

"Abigail Walter" I replied sitting up on the couch.

"Can you tell me what happened here Abigail?" He asked, I was nervous, should I tell on Nick? I looked around and I saw Nick taking a test to see how much alcohol he had in his system, there was no way I was telling on him, when he could see me, regardless of the police.

"Yeah, my brother Nick, wanted to have some friends over but some more showed up and I guess somebody brought alcohol, I'm not quite sure, I was in my room for most of the night, I came out to use the bathroom and I get I got bumped around, and someone elbowed me, and I blacked out." The police officer nodded, believing my story.

"We're still going to have to check to see if you're intoxicated. Based on your ability to hold a conversation, I think I know what I'll be finding, but it is required."

"Alright, it's fine with me, I get it." I took the test, which came back negative.

"So, you're clean, but, your brother here is not. We've left him off with a warning, but your Foster parents and DHS have decided to move up your transfer date, your new Foster dad will be here in an hour, I suggest packing up."

I slowly walked upstairs to my room trying to take it all in, I was leaving. Finally, I was leaving. I would have to tell Lin, once I got to my new house, that I had already moved, I packed what few belongings I had into a suitcase and came downstairs. I sat on the stairs in front of the door waiting for my next family to knock on it.

Mr. and Mrs. Walter walked in before my few family. When they came the police dubbed it ok to leave, I was alone with Mr. and Mrs. Walter, they had some choice words for me. Obviously I'm to blame for Nicks warning on underage intoxication.

"Why'd you bring vodka to your brothers party? Where did you even get it?!" Mr. Walter yelled flinging the empty bottle at my head. I moved my head out of the way, and the bottle hit the wall behind me.

"I didn't!" I yelled back at him "please stop!"

"Shut up!!" He yelled, and I started to cry.

"Please." Mr. Walter came closer to me. "Please stop." I scooted back into the wall, "I didn't do anything wrong, just let me go. Let me leave, I'll have a new family in 10 minutes." Mr. Walter crouched in front of me and slapped me, the he left, he went upstairs to his office.

Finally I heard a knock on the door I picked up my suitcase and took a deep breath, I wondered how long this one would last, 5 months, maybe even 7 this time. I took one last look around the house and opened the door to see Lin.

Hi, sorry it's so short, I'm going to let you know that I knew literally everyone saw that coming, but I realized that Abigail didn't know that Lin was going to Foster her, she knew that he was going to help, but it was never spelled out. I'm thrilled because we are not getting to the Hamilton part! Aww yes! I'll post the next chapter after 5 people read this one! So tell your friends if you like it, if you don't, tell me! I want to know what I can improve on! Thanks for reading!

- Abi