Chapter 161 - Zoo With Ryan

Thursday morning, both Lin and Vanessa woke me up.

"Sweetheart," he started, "we have some bad news."

"Dad," I whined, "why are you waking me up like this? Can't I have coffee first?" I asked.

"Darling, I need to, we need to. Last week, your birth mother passed away." He said, gently rubbing my arm.

"Oh. Can I have coffee now?" I asked, sitting up in bed.

"Are you okay?" He asked, confused.

"I'm fine." I shrugged.

"What's going on?" Vanessa asked.

"I just, quite honestly, I don't care." I sighed. "I hated her. I hated her so much."

"I know you hated her, but, there must of been a time when she was your mom." Vanessa prompted.

"Until I was eight years old I guess." I sighed.

"What happened when you were eight?" Lin asked, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"I was arguing with her, I don't remember what about, but, she yelled that she never even wanted to have kids, and I asked her then why did you have me, so she yelled at me, just, basically, 'did you think I did this on purpose'."

"Oh." Vanessa sighed, "hun, I'm sorry." She gently rubbed my shoulder.

"It gets worse." I sighed, "they tried to abort me, I mean, I get the merits of abortion but, when your mom explains it to you when you're eight right after she told you she wanted it. She basically told me that when people make a mistake, they have an abortion to kill the baby." I hugged my knees to my chest.
(Abi here, please don't argue about the politics behind abortion. It's a really touchy subject and I don't want to read through a lot of political opinions and arguments. Also, if you argue, chances are I'll get involved and I get in trouble when I talk about politics... Please guys, I was really nervous about putting abortion in the book, just, please don't yell at me.)

"So, she told her eight year old she tried to abort her, then she told her eight year old and abortion was murder?" Lin asked, "I'm so sorry." He looked at me sadly.

"I was born pre-mature because of the abortion attempt, I was a really sickly baby, I was in the hospital for a month after I was born, and in and out of the hospital for about four years." I sighed, I had shoved all of this in the back of my head.

"We had no idea." Vanessa said, looking heartbroken.

"It's okay, I try not to think about it."

"I'm so so sorry, but, we have more bad news, it's about your dad." Lin started, taking a deep breath.

"Is he dead too?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

"No, he's coming over." My heart dropped, "he'll be here in an hour."

"No." I said angrily, "please no, why? Why? Dad, you know what he did to me? Do I have to, are you, am I? Are you giving me up? Am I going back with him?" I asked, distraught.

"Oh god no Peanut. No, that's not going to happen, apparently he's been pestering your social worker for rights to see you, which he won. It was either sit in a small room in an official DHS building with crappy fast food, or a day out."

"They do realize he tried to kidnap me right?"

"V and I will be there, he has one of those tracker anklets, and you'll wear a tracker too."

"Okay." I whimpered a little, and leaned forward, crashing into my dads shoulder.

"You'll be alright." He said, and kissed my head. "There's no way in hell I'm letting you out of my sight today."