Chapter 71 - Rewind

Lin's Point Of View:
Abigail walked out of the room, she had obviously been crying but was trying to hide it. She was trying to blink back the tears that had already stained her cheeks. She rubbed below her eyes trying to get rid of the mascara stains there.

"Are you ok?" I ask this too much, but, it needs to be asked.

"Yeah," she rubbed the back of her neck, "they um, want you in there." She tilted her head back towards the door.

"Ok, are you gonna be ok on your own?" I asked standing up. She nodded, but didn't say anything, it was like she broke. It was like a person just stopped working, I walked over to her and hugged her, "it's all going to be fine, it's all going to end." I attempted to reassure, finally I let go, and walked back into the room.

"Hello sir, we'd like to ask you exactly what we asked your daughter, can you give us a recap, what you saw, what happened?" The detective opened, motioning to the chair in front of him.

"Yeah, yeah, of course." I said, taking a seat. I started to rack my brain, to try and remember what had just happened.

Flashback

We were walking out of the theater, having no said hi to Leslie's friend, I decided, it was almost 1:00 we should go get lunch, I had taken some sort of a poll of everyone here, and I just needed Abigail to confirm that we were going out for tacos.

"Ok, you're the deciding vote, Mexican or Chinese?" I turned the bench we left her on, and she wasn't there.

"Where did the child go?" Groff asked.

"I don't know, I'll text her." I pulled out my phone and asked her where she was, crap she wasn't responding. I decided, maybe I should just call, so I called her and she didn't pick up. I left a message, asking where she was, and what she wanted for lunch.

"Is she ok?" Lexi asked looking over my shoulder, at my phone screen.

"I don't know, she's not responding." I replied honestly. "I'm gonna check down the street." I suggested, and Daveed followed. We walked down the block, and we passed by a dark alley, we were walking past it when Daveed grabbed my arm and pointed to the back of the alley, where I found her. I saw that degenerate punk backing her into a wall, holy crap. I was about to run in, when Daveed pulled me away from the alley.

"Don't go in." He said, but why the heck not.

"No, I have to go in, let me go in, he's gonna get it."

"Call the cops." He suggested

"Why can't I just kill the degenerate moron?"

"Listen, if you call the police right now, this can end. Call them, then interfere, keep him here, they'll deal with him, just call the cops."

"Ok, ok." I said pulling my phone out and dialing 911.

"Hello, 911, what is your emergency?" A female voice answered the phone.

"Um, hi, uh, I don't know how to say this, um, there's a teenage boy, and he's beating up a girl in an alleyway."

"Ok, well, are you sure?" She asked, of course, I wouldn't be calling this in if I wasn't sure.

"Yes, yes I'm sure."

"Ok, where's your location?"

I looked up at the street signs, "the corner of 49th and Broadway, by the Ambassador Theatre.

"Thank you." With that she hung up. I put my phone in my pocket, and started to go into the alley, when Daveed pulled me back again.

"Wait until they get here."

"Why?"

"Listen, if you get involved in that fight, not only will Nick get in trouble, but you're gonna get in trouble, probably worse." His words were sinking in, when I heard her scream, that was loud, holy crap what did he do to her, my heart was racing, holy holy crap. Her scream cut off abruptly, he punched her. That degenerate piece of crap that emerged from the depths of hell, punched MY DAUGHTER.

"I can go in now, let me go." I told Daveed.

"Just give it a second, if you hurt him, you'll get in trouble."

"I don't care!" I ran in, and he had her pinned in the ground, I ran forward and literally kicked him off of her, and pulled her off the ground as quickly as I could. "Stay behind me." I told her, pushing her behind me. If he really needs to hurt someone, he can hurt me, not a 15 year old girl. "You ok?" I asked, looking back at her, she nodded her response. Liar. Just as she nodded, I heard the police in the distance. Finally.

"Which one of you called the cops?" The worthless idiot picked himself off the ground. I saw him lock eyes with Abigail. I saw the look in his eyes, it was terrifying. It was the look you give someone when they've destroyed you and you we're going to destroy them back. I saw his fist fly towards her and I moved immediately. His fist made contact with my jaw, crap that hurt.

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!" Abigail yelled at him, she has a point, there's definitely something wrong with him. She started forward, like she was going to hurt him, I recalled what Daveed had told me, we can't hurt him, if we do, we get in trouble as well, regardless of whether or not it was self defense. I put my hand out, stopping her.

"Don't." My response was simple, hopefully she got the message.

"Yeah, you useless piece of crap." Oh so we're talking about ourselves are we?

"You don't talk to her like that." I said shoving him away from her.

"Well look at her, she's obviously a pathetic. Little. Child." He spat, and I looked behind me, she was crying.

"DON'T SAY THAT!" I yelled, I've had enough of him. Right after I yelled that, he punched me across the face, and dang that hurt, it knocked me out of it for a second. I straightened up, with my hand on my head, and he had her pinned against the wall.

"HELP!" She screamed, and he punched her, again, before I could get him off of her, a police officer yanked him off, and started cuffing him. I looked down, and Abigail was hugging her knees up against the wall, in tears, I sat down next to her.

"It's ok. It's over." She looked at me and I wrapped my arm around her shoulders, pulling her into me. "It's over Niñita, it's all over."

End Flashback

This is was I told the detectives. And it was the truth.