Phoenix High [8]

Aaron's pov

Aphmau had fallen asleep and was using my lap as a pillow. I blushed and turned off the TV. I glanced at the clock and it was already 10:30. Aphmau had fallen asleep 30 minutes ago.

I smiled at her and gently moved her head as I stood up. I picked Aphmau up and slowly walked, making sure not to wake her. I carefully walked upstairs and into Aphmau's room.....very purple. The same it was when we were kids.

I chuckled and set Aphmau onto her bed. I tucked her in and kissed her forehead. I let myself out of the house and slipped the key into the mail slot and went home.

I lived in a small apartment for one. After I was transfered back here from Military school I didn't even bother telling my mom....I don't think she ever cared about me after my dad died.

I sighed as I remembered the hurtful memories and I shook my head getting rid of them. I kicked pebbles as I walked home when something cold and wet started falling onto my face.

I looked up into the black sky and rain slowly started to fall. The air was cold at night so I shivered as I walked. It didn't bother me though, I was used to this type of weather.

My uniform got soaked and I walked into the apartment complex. "Where were you Aaron?" The woman at the counter said as she handed me a towel.

"Out." I replied as I dried my hair. She frowned but before she could say anything I was already in the elevator going to the third floor.

As soon as the elevator opened I stepped out and rested the towel on the back of my neck. My eyes scanned each number till they found room number 305. I unlocked the door and stepped inside.

This was the first time in three years that I felt so lonely. The first time was when I left Aphmau three years ago.

I ran a tired hand through my hair and took a shower before heading to bed.

Aphmau's pov

I woke up to my alarm beeping and I sat up. I was in my bed. I rubbed my eyes and looked around. Where did Aaron go?

I stood up and remembered what happened. I blushed at the memory but smiled. Aaron is so sweet.

I checked my calendar and today was Saturday. I smiled and got changed and hurried downstairs.

"I'm going out!" I called to my mom but before she could answer I was already out the door. Today Laurence and I were going to a new bookstore that had just opened up and it has a tone of Manga.

"Aphmau!" I heard Laurence's voice as I walked to his house. He was standing on the porch and I smiled when he jumped off the railing like a kid.

"Ready to go?" He asked and I nodded rapidly.

I was so excited to go so I grabbed Laurence's arm and started running. We laughed as we started to race each other and of course I won.

"You owe me a free Manga." I said to Laurence and he sighed in defeat.

"Fiiiine." He wined and I smiled and laughed.

We were done buying the store out of Manga and Laurence smiled at me.

"Did something good happen Aphmau?" Laurence asked and I looked at him surprised.

"Why?" I asked and Laurence looked into the distance.

"You're a lot happier than you were last month. After the kid you liked left you were always really depressed but now you have been really happy." Laurence said and my face burned and I looked down.

"I-I'm the same as I've always been Laurence." I said and Laurence raised an eyebrow.

"Really? You're blushing."

"It's nothing. Just....look at all the Manga I bought! I am totally broke now!" I tried to change the subject and then I felt myself being lifted from the ground.

"Gah! Laurence! Let me down!" I yelled as he threw me over his shoulder and started running.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I punched his back.

Laurence laughed and we soon reached the park. Laurence set me down and I felt a little dizzy.

"Why are we at the park?" I asked as I switched my bag of Manga to my other hand.

"Cuz, I know something changed in your life and as your friend, I need to know." Laurence said and I laughed.

"Really Laurence. It's nothing." I said and Laurence looked like he didn't believe me.

"Aphmau?" Then I heard a familiar deep voice.

"A-Aaron? What are you doing here?" I asked a little embarrassed.

Did he see Laurence carry me here? Please don't misunderstand Aaron.

"Who's this Aph?" Laurence asked and I jumped forgetting he was there.

"Um..this is Aaron. An old friend." I said and looked at Aaron.

"Is he?" Laurence asked and I frantically shook my head.

"N-no! I-I mean....no, we are just friends." I said and Aaron looked a little hurt when I said 'just friends.'

"Hi, I'm Laurence." Laurence said as he held out his hand.

"Aaron." Aaron shook Laurence's hand.

"Well Aphmau. Are we still scheduled for Sunday?" Laurence asked and I nodded.

"Well I'm counting it as a date. Later." Laurence said and I bit my lip when he said date.

I looked over at Aaron and he didn't look very happy. "See ya." Aaron said as he started to walk away.

"Wait!" I yelled suddenly, dropping the bag of Manga and grabbing Aaron's hand with both hands.

"Laurence and I are really just friends. He always takes a joke too far sometimes so please don't misunderstand. Laurence and I are not dating." I said and Aaron turned around.

"It doesn't concern me if you and Laurence are dating. It's none of my business. Now please let go of my hand." Aaron said. I could tell he was angry but I didn't let go of his hand.

"Please don't misunderstand!" I yelled as tears welled up in my eyes. "Please Aaron. The only person I love is-" I blushed and looked down. "You." I whispered and tears were now running down my face.

"What is happening? A lovers quarrel?" A few people asked as they looked at us.

I felt embarrassed about crying in front of a ton of strangers and then I felt a pair of warm arms hug me.

"Aphmau....I'm sorry. I know we aren't even dating but I felt so jealous the way he looked at you." Aaron said and I hugged him closer.

"No, Laurence and I are just friends." I said a I tried to stop the tears but it didn't work.

Aaron pulled my face up to look at him and he wiped away the tears with his thumb and moved his face closer.

Aaron kissed me and the people around us cheered and I felt embarrassed.

"Aphmau." Aaron said "I want you to be my girlfriend."

Wow....I felt like this was something out of a Manga lol jk. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Bye my Ender Pearls!