Recruitment Interview with @MaraWay

1. What promoted you to enter the MotherHorror Smackdown?

I am a fan of the awesome writer of HIM--RichardStaschy. I read his short story about the lint-eating fish. Then I somehow let my thought out and wished that I could write a scary short story like that. Then Mr. Awesome gave me the link. I want to join because I want to improve my horror writing skills.

2. Have you participated in any of the other Wattpad's Smackdown competitions? If yes, whichones and how many rounds did make it through?

Nope.

3. What do you think makes a good smackdown competition?

I really don't have an idea since it's just my first time joining one.

4. What would you like to see in the up coming rounds?

Gore. Horror. Spooks.

5. What were your first thoughts when you saw the recruitment picture and the word count ?

Oh, God. I can't do this. I can write a horror story but not with this word count. I am no match to those entrants. :( It took me days to even come up with my not-so-scary story. Luckily, I've started reading skazkas (Russian fairy tales), so I thought 'Why not make a fairy tale?' It still didn't work though 'cause I wasn't able to make a concrete picture.