7

//Update from future Christy: editing takes way longer than we anticipated past Christy don't do this to urself

Update 7/18/20: felt that, yo.

~

Nathan chased me down multiple sidewalks and crosswalks despite my relentless trek onward, the two of us unexpectedly arriving at a grimy skatepark in which I called 'home'. I stepped off my board and kicked the tail, flipping it up into my hands.

I turned to look at a disheveled-looking Nathan, noticing that he was hunched over his knees while panting harshly.

"Oh gosh, sorry! Didn't realize that I practically killed you," I giggled, giving Nathan an awkward pat. He gave a weak smile, it still shining brighter than the sun.

"I-it's all g-good," the blond panted. After a few minutes, he finally regained his breath and composure. "So, you must be pretty good at boarding if you bothered to take me here for part two of our date," Nathan winked, poking my s/c cheek. I blushed.

"Well, you'll just have to watch and see, won't you?" I giggled while spinning my board on its tail. Nathan ruffled my h/c hair as he kicked my board mid-spin, making it land on its wheels with a clank. 'So he does think this is a date!'

"Show me whatcha got, hot stuff," I placed my foot on the rough black sandpaper of the board, kicking off the ground and bounding down the halfpipe.

Once I reached the other side, I twisted my y/h form mid-air and glided down again, this time heading for Nathan's side. He teased me by fake-yawning in boredom, making a smirk grow on my face.

'Oh, just you wait, you pompous ass.'

I felt force building behind me as I reached the other side again, flying high in the air when I hit the edge of the halfpipe. I quickly twisted my body as I grabbed the nose of the board, releasing it and falling back down. I perfectly landed on the wall of the halfpipe again, luckily.

When I expertly executed a spin at the other side of the pipe I locked eyes with Nathan's, his jade ones widened in astonishment.

"Go, F/n!" He cheered, jumping up and down enthusiastically. I sucked in a breath, blinking as time momentarily slowed, watching Nathan's messy blond locks flutter and shine beautifully against the bitter afternoon sun. A light blush adorned his cheeks with a matching celestial smile curling on his lips, cute dimples carving themselves into his flawless, snow-white skin. I smirked and continued on skating more confidently than before, my heart beating just a tad faster than usual.

~

I began picking up speed with each trick, making even the easiest flip become increasingly more complicated to execute.

'Shit, I really can't afford to mess up. I'm not wearing any safety pads...' I thought to myself warily, blessing my abnormally high amount of stamina for helping me get this far. 'Just how in the hell was I dumb enough to agree to this? Curse Nathan for being so damned cute.'

After several more tricks, my energy was diminishing more rapidly than it was before. Upon reaching Nathan's side yet again, I decided to go all out with my final trick-- the hardest trick I knew how to do on a halfpipe. I grabbed the edge of the pipe, extending my arm and grabbing the bottom of my board simultaneously.

"Amazing!" Nathan cheered at the sight before his eyes. After a few seconds of holding the position, I flipped over and slid down the ramp a final time, doing a simple spin on the other side as I did in the beginning before slipping on the top of the wall where Nathan stood applauding me.