13

My jaw dropped to the floor at the dreaded name that was said, my mind expeditiously trying to figure out a way to get out of this unfortunate situation.

'I'm too sick? Nah, Stein wouldn't give a shit.'

'I'll let Stein dissect me? Nah, I prefer living.'

'I can ask for a new temporary partner? Wait, I could end up getting...,' I began to envisage my brief thought, a shiver running down my spine as the cringe-worthy name rung through my mind. 'Liz Thompson.'

Before I could think of any other options, the door to the infirmary flew open revealing my weapon with her leg outstretched and a worried look scrawled on her face.

"F/n! Are you alright?!" Stein, Spirit, and Lord Death all fixed their slightly-serious gaze on my weapon as she walked in, to which she simply glared in response. Instead of turning to face her as well, I was busy gripping fistfuls of my h/l h/c locks and mumbling 'nope nope nope' repeatedly.

"W-what's wrong? Did the dirty pervert touch you?!" Evelyn squealed as she sent a death glare towards Spirit. "Or did the crazy asshole try to dissect you again?"

"S-Soul Eater Evans," the only words that could escape my lips made Evelyn's eyes turn into saucers.

"No way...," my weapon muttered awe, pity lacing her voice.

"You called?" my g/c eyes whipped up to see that very albino leaning in the door frame, his crimson eyes holding a look of disinterest as he stared at his colored nails.

Psh, what a bitch.

A black jacket layered over an orange shirt adorned his fit, pale torso while he wore matching black pants as well. To top his 'cool' outfit off, he had a small black headband laced in his snowy white tresses and with his nails painted a matching color.

"Yo, blue," Soul called, catching Evelyn's not-so-pleased attention.

"What is it, girlie pop?" A scowl now adorned Soul's rosy lips, him slightly showing off his pointy white teeth. "Loving the headband by the way, where can I buy it? Victoria Secret, where you buy your lacy panties too?"

"Shut it, you should be caring for your partner, Kid, not mine. Now scram, I'll handle. And my choice in accessory is none of your business, no need to be rude."

"Don't tell me what to do! I do as I please," Evelyn tilted her head up in rebellion, her pale arms crossing over her chest.

"If you want a good grade, I suggest you do as he says," Stein started, his glimmering green eyes fixed on my weapon, "He is right, after all."

Soul looked up from his nails and smiled arrogantly, his acuminate teeth now in full view. Evelyn grumbled, sending a glance toward me warily before tossing her multi-colored locks over her shoulder. She strutted toward the exit where Soul stood.

"This isn't over, snowball."

"I didn't expect it to be. Cute pet name for me by the way," Soul chuckled as Evelyn seethed with anger, her hands balling into tight fists.

"On second thought, I think I'll call you fuckface." Before Soul could reply Evelyn had swiftly kicked Soul in the shin and strutted out the door, a smirk present on her pale lips. Once the door was completely shut and Evelyn was gone from view, Soul grasped his shin and held it with a pained grimace spreading across his face.

"Aww, is the big bad death scythe getting beaten up by little girls?" I questioned in a babying tone, groaning as I pulled my legs up to my chest. Spirit, Stein, and Lord Death whipped their heads towards me in appall, surprised at my sassy tone towards the white-haired member of Spartoi.

"Said the girl who was taken out by the rain." I pouted in annoyance, resting my s/c arms transverse my chest.

"I didn't ask for your sass. You're the weapon, the side bitch, you're not supposed to talk," I said sarcastically with a cocky (and Black*Star-ish) smirk. God, I pity what poor weapon was forced to work with him temporarily.

"Oh please, if you were doing the talking then we'd live in silence forever. After all, who would talk to you, loser?" The three adults who sat in on our bitch fight averted their gaze from figure to figure as we continued to shoot insults at each other, a silent 'ooh' escaping their lips from time to time.

"Ouch, I really felt that one," I muttered, grasping my chest in 'pain' as a look of 'anguish' took over my s/c features.

"I am a weapon, after all, bringing about pain is my specialty. So tell me, was I too sharp for you?" Soul asked with a smirk. Everyone in the room laughed nervously at his lame pun, a sweat-drop sliding down their foreheads.

"Listen, sweetie," I began, getting out of the crappy white bed I had been lying in for god knows how long. "I'd love to see your point of view on yourself better but I just can't seem to get my head that far up my ass." Soul's smirk grew wider at my response, a chuckle escaping his lips.

"I like you, you're pretty cool."

"That's definitely one-sided."

"Oi, I complimented you, don't be a bitch."

"Don't get your Victoria's Secret panties in a twist. You're actually not half bad yourself, happy?" I muttered, leaving appalled and snickering teachers in my wake as I began to walk out the door, Soul standing frozen in shock. "Well, are you coming?" I asked sassily as I turned to face my temporary partner with a hand on my hip, his crimson eyes widened to their fullest extent.

"Y-yea, I guess," Soul replied as he walked over to my side, us both walking out of the academy together and heading toward my place.