Chapter 2

During the next days, Leah and Spencer kept their sweet secret to themselves. They weren't ready to share it with others and wanted to enjoy it just with each other first before everyone would know about it.

With a happy sigh, Leah rolled over in bed. She'd just woken up – it was the fifth day since she'd told Spencer about her pregnancy and she couldn't remember ever seeing him as happy as he was right now. But he was also overprotective. He didn't allow her to lift heavy stuff, he wanted her to take care and do everything slow. Leah thought his behave was cute but she got also annoyed by it. But she hadn't dared to tell him yet.

Leah just sat up and swung her legs over the edge of the bed, when Spencer stepped into the bedroom, a glass of orange juice in his hands. "Are you feeling good?", he asked and Leah nodded.

"Sure. Is this for me?", she asked and pointed to the orange juice. Spencer nodded and handed it to her.

"It's important that you get as many vitamins as possible", he explained. "You're not feeling dizzy or nauseous?", he then asked.

Leah couldn't help but roll her eyes at him. "Spencer, stop. It's only been five days since I've told you that we're going to be parents and you're already acting like I'm about to give birth every second. It's annoying."

The words had come out of her mouth faster than Leah could have thought about what she was saying. Spencer glanced at her and she could see that he offended. She knew he only wanted her best and he was excited. But she couldn't handle his behavior for the next eight months or longer.

"I'm just...trying to help", Spencer murmured and let his fingers run through his hair.

Leah sighed. "I know. But...it's too much, okay?" With these words she left the bedroom to go to the kitchen. She was hungry all of a sudden. Spencer remained standing in the doorframe, watching his girlfriend leave.

~

After eating a yoghurt and a piece of bread, that well-known feeling of throwing up overcame Leah and she jumped from her chair to run to the toilet. She just reached it in time and kneeled in front of it. How much she hated that morning sickness.

When she felt a hand on her back and fingers that pulled back her long brown hair, Leah looked up and saw Spencer standing behind her. A worried expression had grown on his face, but he didn't say anything. He instead rubbed her back and held her hair back while she had to throw up once more.

After minutes that had seemed to be an eternity to Leah, she finally was able to stand up again. She flushed her mouth with water and grabbed the toothbrush.

"Spencer...I'm sorry," she whispered as she put toothpaste on the brush. She felt embarrassed by how she acted towards her boyfriend although he only wanted to help.

"You don't have to be sorry, darling", Spencer replied and stepped towards her, wrapping his arms around her waist to pull her closer. "I know that I might be overreacting lately and I'm sorry for that. I'm just...you're not over the critical phase so far and anything could happen. I'm scared about this, you know?", Spencer tried to explain and Leah nodded.

"I'm afraid about that too. But my doctor told me to just live normal. In most cases everything goes well. I don't want to freak out about the smallest things. I want...to enjoy that." She put a hand on Spencer's cheek and smiled. "Next to that annoying morning sickness I'm absolutely fine, Spencer." She turned around in his arms. "And now let me brush my teeth so I can kiss you again." She smirked and Spencer laughed.

"Okay then. And I'll go and make you some tea." He left a kiss on her cheek and then disappeared into the kitchen.

Minutes later Leah joined him there and wrapped her arms around his waist and put her cheek on his back. "Thanks for caring, Spencer. And I apologize in advance for being annoying and moody for the next months", she murmured.

Chuckling Spencer turned around and cupped Leah's cheeks. "You can be as moody and annoying as you want, I'll love you anyway", he smiled and leaned down to kiss her. Leah sighed and closed her eyes when she felt the touch of Spencer's lips on hers.

"And now...you should...drink the...tea I made...for you", Spencer murmured into the kiss and slowly pulled away again. He reached the cup of the steamy, deliciously smelling liquid to Leah and she grabbed it.

"Thank you", Leah said and together they went into the living room to snuggle on the couch and watch some episodes of Doctor Who.

~

"Pretty boy, what's going on in that genius brain of yours?" Derek examined his friend and colleague intently.

"What do you mean?", Spencer frowned and put away the book he had been currently reading while they were waiting for Hotch to arrive so they could talk about a possible case they'd work on during the next days or weeks.

"Since days there's a permanent smile on your face and you're hyped up most of the time. That's not normal for you. So, there must be something going on. What is it?", Derek asked once more and he didn't seem to leave Spencer's desk without an answer from the young man. Spencer sighed and leaned back in his chair.

"You really want to know what's going on?", Spencer asked back and Derek nodded, now his arms folded in front of his chest. He rolled his eyes.

"Of course I want to know. I wouldn't ask otherwise."

"What do you want to know?" Penelope had stepped to Spencer's desk as well, an inquiring look on her face. She glanced from Spencer to Derek and then back to Spencer. "What's going on? I know there's something going on and you're not telling me!", she blabbed.

"Leah's pregnant, that's what's going on!", Spencer finally burst out and a huge smile

immediately grew on his face when those words left his mouth. He watched Derek's and Penelope's eyes widen at these news and then Penelope let out a squeal.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! That's amazing!", she exclaimed and before Spencer could even get up from his chair, she had pulled him into a hug. "I'm so happy for you and Leah!"

Derek shook his head and hugged Spencer as well as soon as Penelope had pulled away. "Pretty boy, congratulations!", he laughed and patted Spencer's shoulder.

The young genius smiled, a slight blush on his cheeks. "Thanks, Morgan."

"Hey, what's going on here? Why the congratulations?" Frowning and curious, Hotch, Rossi, Emily and JJ joined them. They wanted to talk about a case but now got distracted by the scenario in the office.

"Reid is going to be a dad!", Penelope squealed once more, a huge grin on her face. Only a second later Spencer found himself being hugged by his other colleagues and congratulations were thrown at him.

He returned the hugs and thanked them for the congratulations. He was a little bit overwhelmed by all these reactions and cleared his throat before he said: "Okay, okay. Enough now. Don't we have to talk about a case?"

The others laughed and then followed Hotch into the room with the round table. They had to focus on their work again, no matter how happy they were for Spencer and his girlfriend.