Chapter 13

When they finally arrived at home, Spencer led Leah to the couch and told her to sit down. She looked at him interrogative. But he just smiled and gently stroked her cheek. "I'll prepare a bath for you", he simply said and then left while Leah leaned back into the pillows. She closed her eyes and tried to relax. She knew she had been stressed all day and she needed to reduce that.

Only a few minutes later Spencer returned and sat next to his girlfriend. "The bath will be ready in some minutes", he said and Leah just nodded while she put her hand into Spencer's. "Thank you."

"For what?" Spencer grinned. „For being such a great boyfriend", she replied and leaned her head on his shoulder. Spencer's fingers started to stroke the back of Leah's hand while they both remained quiet for a moment and just stared into space.

But then Spencer got up all of a sudden and pulled Leah up as well. "Would you like some food later?", he asked. Leah nodded, feeling all hungry suddenly although she hadn't thought to be any hungry today after all the emotional things she had to go through. But then...she was pregnant. If given the opportunity, she'd eat all day long. "Let's have pizza", she suggested then and Spencer nodded with a huge smile on his face.

"What do you want on yours?" He was already holding the phone in his hands. Oh god, that was one difficult decision to make, Leah thought. She could have had it all right now but of course they couldn't order more than two pizzas. "Mushrooms, ham, olives and cheese", she then finally decided.

While Spencer was ordering their dinner, Leah went to the bathroom. She was craving a bath and was so thankful Spencer had basically read her mind, once again. With a deep sigh she let her naked body sink into the hot water and leaned back with her eyes closed.

The water had a relaxing impact on Leah and she started to feel better. She almost started to doze off when she could hear Spencer's voice: "Slide a bit, honey." Leah opened her eyes again and found her boyfriend standing next to the bathtub, fully naked.

"You want to join?", Leah grinned, but moved so Spencer could find some space behind her. As soon as he was sitting, Leah leaned against her boyfriend and let out a small sigh when she felt Spencer's hands on her shoulders.

"You need to relax, babe", Spencer quietly sad while he was massaging Leah's shoulders. "I know", she murmured and leaned into Spencer's touch.

"You're not alone anymore", he continued as his hands slowly wandered down and stopped on Leah's curved stomach. He gently stroked it and kissed Leah's neck. She closed her eyes again. "Why can't it always be like this?", Leah asked and turned her head so she could look at Spencer.

A serious look appeared on his face. "I wish I could take away all the pain and sorrow that you have to experience." Spencer continued to caress Leah's baby bump as he spoke.

"I know you would if you could." Leah smiled at her boyfriend and then placed a kiss on his cheek. She leaned back again and put her hands over Spencer's.

"Do you already feel the baby's movements?", he suddenly asked. Leah shrugged. "I'm not sure...sometimes...there's something like a slight flutter in my stomach and I read somewhere that's the baby's movements. But it's not strong enough yet that others can feel it." She couldn't hold back a smile.

"And...is the baby moving right now?", Spencer wanted to know, but Leah shook her head. "No. It did before, but as soon as you put your hands on my stomach, it calmed down again", she explained. "What would you prefer? A boy or a girl?" Leah had thought about this quite a few times so far and now she was really wondering what Spencer would prefer.

"I don't care", he said, sounding slightly surprised by her question, "although...a girl would be amazing. But I'd be incredibly happy if we'd have a son as well. What about you?" Leah had known that Spencer would ask her as well and grinned. "To me it isn't important if we'll have a son or a daughter. The most important thing is that our baby will be healthy."

Spencer nodded at her words. "I hope it's going to have your eyes", Leah smiled and Spencer rose an eyebrow. "Really? Why?"

Leah laughed. "You have no idea how much I love your brown eyes, right?", she chuckled and turned around. Spencer had a huge smile on his face. "But your eyes are much prettier", he said, but Leah shook her head.

"No way! I hope it'll have your eyes. But we can't have an effect on that anyway." Spencer didn't say anything to that anymore, as he realized that goosebumps had built on Leah's arms.

"You're cold, love. We should get out", he commented and slowly got up. Leah did the same and started to shiver almost immediately. "Come here." Spencer wrapped a soft towel around Leah's body before he grabbed one for himself.

It was just when the two of them had put themselves into some comfy pajamas, when the doorbell rang. "Our pizzas!" Leah exclaimed and hurried into the corridor to search for her purse to pay the delivery guy. She took the two boxes, gave him the money and then closed the door again. She couldn't wait to get something to eat, she was incredibly hungry right now.

Spencer had brought a bottle of water to the coffee table and only a few minutes he and Leah were on the couch cuddled up, eating their pizzas and watching Sleeping Beauty. "Our child is going to grow up with Disney movies, am I right?", Spencer asked with a smirk before he took another bite of his pizza. Leah nodded. "Of course! I grew up with Disney, our child will grow up with Disney, that's for sure. Or...are you against that?" Her eyes widened and she stared at her boyfriend when suddenly the thought, that Spencer wouldn't like that, hit her.

"Don't be silly", he calmed her down. "I like Disney as well! And you'll be the best mother in the entire world anyway. Our child will be the happiest." He leaned over to Leah and kissed her quickly.

"And you'll be the best dad in the entire world", Leah whispered against his lips and felt Spencer's hand on her stomach once again. She snuggled in his arms and put her feet on the coffee table, next to the pizza boxes. They had eaten everything and Leah was full and tired now.

For almost half an hour they quietly continued to watch the movie until Spencer turned around to Leah again, examining her. "Do you...do you want to talk about today? About...your biological parents?", he asked. Leah looked up to him and bit her lips before she shook her head.

"No, I don't want to. It...", Leah paused and took a deep breath, "I'll have to talk about it enough I guess. I just...I want to distract myself from this tonight, I've had enough for today." Spencer nodded at Leah's words and then pulled her into a tight, warm embrace.

"You know, you can come at me with everything that's on your mind", he murmured. "I know", she replied before she buried her face in Spencer's neck. "I'll go to bed now, I'm dead tired."

Leah got up from the couch and went to the bathroom to brush her teeth before she slipped under the duvet. She was almost asleep when Spencer joined her. "You don't have to sleep as well, Spence", Leah murmured as she slowly opened her eyes again. Spencer smiled. "It's okay. I just don't want you to be alone, you know? You have to be alone enough when we have a case somewhere across the country."

"Thank you." Leah gladly wrapped an arm around Spencer's torso and placed her head on his chest. She wouldn't admit it, but she had a hard time falling asleep without Spencer next to her. He made her feel safe and his heartbeat calmed her down, no matter what.

And as she drifted away into dreamland, Spencer just lay there, holding her tight and thinking about how they could catch that unsub who had killed Leah's biological parents. He wouldn't give up until that man would be arrested for the rest of his life. And Spencer planned to talk about that to Hotch the next day. Something needed to happen.