Chapter 19

With a deep sigh Leah let herself sink into the hot water and closed her eyes. She could feel her muscles relax and after some minutes she dozed off while the water caressed her body. Weird pictures ran through her mind while she almost fell asleep. But then the bathroom door opened and Leah winced as she heard steps coming closer.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't want to scare you, honey." Spencer smiled down at his girlfriend and then kissed her gently. "Hey. Where have you been?", she asked and let herself sink deeper into the water. It was still really warm.

"I've been at work first and then Derek asked me to have a beer and this time I couldn't say no, since you haven't been home anyway", he explained and started to get undressed.

"And what are you doing now?" Leah frowned as she watched Spencer getting rid of his pants. "I'm gonna join you", he simply said and then let himself sink into the bathtube as well. Leah leaned against Spencer and enjoyed the short massage he gave her shoulders.

"Hmm...I could get used to this", she murmured with closed eyes and felt Spencer's chest move as he laughed silently. "I'd give you a massage every day." His breath tickled Leah's neck and she chuckled.

Spencer let his hands slowly wander from Leah's shoulders to her baby bump where he started to gently stroke it. For a moment both Leah and Spencer remained quiet and were lost in their own thoughts, but then Leah could feel the baby kick.

"Oh my god!", Spencer exclaimed, "was...was that...the baby...did it...did it..." He was so excited he couldn't get a straight sentence out of his mouth and Leah laughed out loud. "Yes, Spence. Our little girl just kicked", she replied.

"Wow...did...did she do that for the first time now or...?", Spencer asked now while he continued stroking Leah's baby bump. "No, I started to feel her kicks some days ago", Leah confessed.

"What? And you didn't tell me?" Spencer was surprised. Leah turned her head so she could look at Spencer. "I didn't tell you because you've been busy and if I'd told you, you'd wanted to be around me and put your hands on my belly all the time and...I'm sorry, but that would have been too much", she explained.

"Hmm...but still...I hope you'll tell me when the baby kicks and I'm around from now on!", Spencer replied. "Sure I will", Leah chuckled and then slightly winced when she felt the baby kicking again.

"Are you alright?", Spencer asked; he had felt her wincing. Leah nodded and grabbed his hands to place them where the baby was kicking now. Spencer immediately was quiet again. "There! She kicked again!", he exclaimed.

For the next fifteen minutes they just kept sitting in the bathtub and Spencer had his hands on Leah's baby bump, waiting for the little girl inside to kick again.

"Spence, let's go out of the bathtub, I'm freezing", Leah eventually said as goosebumps started to cover her arms. The water was quite cold right now and she just wanted to get out and into her pajamas.

That's what she did half an hour later: She had put on her most comfortable pajamas and now snuggled up to Spencer in bed. He had put one of his hands on Leah's baby bump once again. The baby, that had kept kicking, now seemed to calm down again.

"It looks like your touch calms her down", Leah quietly said. Spencer sighed. "I'm not sure if I'd be glad about that or not. I'd love to feel her movements more often. I've never experienced something as amazing as this." Spencer's voice was almost a whisper and Leah now examined his facial expressions closer while she started to feel her baby girl again. Spencer's eyes widened when he felt the kick again and his lips slightly parted. He was definitely in awe and it made Leah's heart starting to beat a bit faster. To see her boyfriend like this made her incredibly happy. She knew how much he wanted to be a dad, how excited he was and in moments like these, she almost forgot about the reality out there, where a killer was walking around since years.

"Morgan invited us over for dinner on one of the next weekends", Spencer suddenly said and pulled Leah out of her thoughts. She raised her eyebrows. "Dinner? Is he going to cook, or what?" Leah couldn't hold back a laugh. Derek Morgan and cooking? She couldn't believe that this thing was ever going to happen.

But Spencer shook his head, a grin on his face as well. "Morgan and cooking? Come on, that's never gonna happen, not even when Christmas and Easter would be on the same day." They both laughed at the imagination of him standing in the kitchen and actually cooking a meal.

"Savannah would cook, Morgan said", Spencer continued after they had calmed down themselves from the laughing fit. Leah liked the idea of an evening with Savannah and Derek. She liked Savannah a lot, but unfortunately the two women didn't have a lot of time to meet and have a coffee. Savannah was busy all day every day in the hospital and Leah didn't want to steal Savannah's time with visiting her. So they hadn't seen each other since weeks, if not even months.

Leah couldn't wait to meet Savannah again and already felt anticipation crawling up her chest. "But...what if you'll get called away for a case that weekend?", she then asked as the thought just hit her mind.

"We'll have to plan short-term, I guess. I'm sure there won't be a case, though. We'll find a weekend without any work." Spencer kissed Leah's cheek. She placed her head on his chest and closed her eyes, while she felt Spencer's hand on her baby bump once again. He stroked it gently, moved his hand from one side to the other, up and down. He clearly was hoping for the baby to kick again. Leah smirked.

"I guess, our baby girl is sleeping now, Spence", Leah quietly murmured and suppressed a satisfied sigh. "I think so too...", Spencer replied. "You'll tell me when she kicks the next time, right?"

Leah nodded. "Of course I will. And when she kicks too hard, you won't be allowed to leave my side because she calms down when she hears your voice and when you put your hands on my stomach." A smile had creeped on both of their lips while Leah was speaking. To know what sex their baby would have made it even more real for Spencer and Leah that they would be parents soon.