Fired (Edited)

I sat in my boss's office continually arguing with him to no avail. I guess I should go back and explain. A few weeks ago, we were robbed at the gas station I work at. I was working alone at the time. Anyway, fast forward to now and my boss is firing me because the robbers claim that they knew me. They reported that I was the mastermind to it all. I have never seen those people before in my life.

My boss says he has no choice and practically orders me to leave. I am so angry that I allow my co-workers to see my tear streaked face. I drove straight home with my last check. My check says sixty four dollars. I need about one hundred and ninety more to make my rent for this month. My savings is emptied because I had to pay the light bill and put gas in my car. I sit on my couch and cry.

In this moment, I hate everyone. I hate my mother for leaving me with my father when I was five. My mother was married and had a fling with my dad. Her husband told her he would take her back, but not her child. Guess who she chose. My dad is an absentee father who cannot stand me because I look so much like my mother. He kicked me out as soon as I graduated which was okay because I was planning on leaving anyway. I think my dad took all his anger out on my mother onto me so I felt the sting of his belt way too often.

I've been living on my own since I was seventeen which hasn't been but six months. It was so hard at first because not many places would hire someone under eighteen for full time work. Right now, I need to survive. I don't have a shot of going to college. I don't really date anyone either. I focus on work. I don't have any friends because I just keep to myself all the time. Now, I have no one to talk to at all.

I cried myself to sleep.

The next morning, I awoke bright and early. I was completely determined to find another job. I put on some nice slacks and opened my front door. I made it down the bottom of the apartment steps when I saw my newspaper. I decided to go back up and look through it since their might be job postings.

What I saw was an ad posting for potential egg donors. The ad called for young women between the ages of eighteen and twenty three to come down to their office for an application. If the applicant was approved and the eggs are donated successfully, the donor receives a five thousand dollar compensation. I was eighteen so I was in my car faster than I could think.

I drove to the place titled Life clinic. I went in and gave my name to the front desk and told them why I was here. They seemed to know already. The place was packed with young women. I was given a questionnaire like the others and asked to sit down until I was called upon. It would take a full three hours until this happened for me. I was interviewed and then they did a full examination of me. They were pretty much concerned with my cycle. Was I normal? Where I was in my cycle?

They were happy that I was going to ovulate soon. i had an appointment to return the following two weeks depending on how my tests went. I was healthy as could be and returned three weeks later just before rent was due. I was actually approved a week early, but I had to do some injections to encourage more eggs to develop. I was there bright and early. I was surprised that only me and another patient was in that day. The doctors told me that it wa a VIP and they did not want to be disturbed so I would not be seeing them. I didn't care. I just wanted my money.

I will be honest. The procedure hurt like hell. They had to use a big needle for each and every single egg I gave away. Then I had to sign a statement saying I give up my rights to my eggs. The whole thing hurt and I was glad when it was over. They not only stuck the needle n my stomach, they also had to stick one up my business. But by the end I had a check for five thousand dollars. I went straight to the bank.

Rent paid.

Preview of the next chapter:

Dr. Rush nods. "Is it possible you're pregnant?"

I want to laugh. Me. "No, not at all." I say.

"Okay, well I want to take a urinary sample and test some things okay."

I do as he says. Then I have to wait a full fifteen minutes before the man returns. "Our test confirms it and it explains your symptoms and why you haven't had a period. You're pregnant."

I laugh. "Yeah right."