Christmas Vacation Part 1(of 3) (Edited)

The plane had just landed and I was already freezing. I had an ankle length black coat on that fit me like a glove along with a scarf, hat, gloves and boots. We were in Aspen, freaking Aspen and all I wanted to do was get back on the plane.

I had promised. I stepped off the plane to get in the car that would take me to Logan and his family. I was so not prepared to deal with all of them. I still felt weird about this whole situation. I'm super excited for my babies that are growing every second. I don't know how they will perceive me. I'm much younger than Logan and Vanessa and this whole situation is all wrong. I don't want to be judged for something where I'm just as much of a victim if not more. Women do still die in childbirth.

Logan was not kidding when he said the house was big. It was beautiful, and a lot of it was see through from the huge glass panels. Living in the Villa, I should be used to Logan and his family's wealth. I'm not. I don't even know how to deal with what will happen when the babies are born. I know that Logan is planning on giving them more than they need.

Logan greets me as I step out of the car. He's crazy. He actually comes out in this freezing weather wearing nothing but a sweater and jeans. He still looks sexy with cold rosy cheeks. Wait, did I say that?

Married man.

Married man.

Married man.

Logan takes me by the hand and walks me into the home. His hands were warm. Oh my gosh, my hormones were going off the charts with him. Seriously, I'm like fat and I keep having thoughts about things. Ugh.

I had literally just stepped into the foyer when I felt an older woman grasp me around the waist. I recognized her as his mother. i didn't know how to respond to that at all so I just stood there. "Hi," I said.

She stepped back awkwardly, getting my message. "We're so happy you decided to come."

"Me too," I said. "You have a beautiful home."

"Thank you," she replied with a big smile. "Let's join the others in the living room. We're all having tea."

I smiled as she and Logan led the way as I lingered behind to gaze around. It must be so nice to have more money than is necessary. You get to spend it on overpriced art and collection items, none of which are necessities. Why was I being evil? Who was I to judge? Damn, hormones again.

I noticed Logan's dad at the piano playing a lovely tune. What was it about the piano? I've always wanted to learn to play. I found myself leaving Logan and walking across the room to him. I just stood behind him as I watched his hands move across the piano. I always found that beautiful. I was so mesmerized at the fast moving of his hands.

Then they stopped abruptly and I realized that he was staring at me. "I'm sorry," I said as I stepped back a few steps.

'No, it's quite alright." He smiled. "Do you play?"

I shook my head. "I just like it. I always wanted to, but I was not really allowed." My father never let me do anything. He couldn't stand me.

"Well, take a seat let me show you a few notes."

"Really?" I said and he nodded.

When I sat down he told me where to put my hand and which notes to hit. We played a line. I turned to him with a smile on my face. "Thanks."

"Logan can play better than I. We had all our children receive lessons. He's the only one who actually benefited from them."

I turned to Logan whose face flamed. He was embarrassed. "Cool."