That thing...

I heard Aunt Millie call us. So I tried to find out which room she was in. I did not want to open doors, it would be rude. So I headed towards her voice, I was zig-zagging through all the hallways until I finally found her in the dining room.

There was a long polished oak table, a few cabinets with numerous glasses and a beautiful oldish candle in the middle of the table.

"Do you want any dessert?" She asked.

I stared at her for a brief moment and replied with a simple and short 'no'. Amy was already wolfing down some strawberry ice cream. It was eleven o'clock at night, Amy was supposed to go to bed at half past nine. I did not want to be a 'party pooper' and tell Aunt Millie that she was not supposed to be eating ice cream at this hour.

I felt the urge to go back to my room and finish up Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children. So I did. I was searching for the white door. No. No. I was lost.

Ah. Finally I found it. However, I realised that the door was left ajar, I recalled closing it tightly. Maybe it was a draft. I shook it off and sat on the bed and began reading.

I yawned and felt the air cooling down my inner-cheeks. Midnight. I was exhausted. I switched off the light and turned on the air-conditioning. For a moment, I wanted to, but I had second thoughts like," What if it gets too cold?","Could it break down or leak?" I made my decision to turn it of as the breeze from the fan was cool enough.

A few hours later...

I was awoken by a cold draft brushing up against my legs. I guessed correct it was going to be cold. But I realised the fan was not spinning in circles and all the windows were closed. The door was closed shut too! I felt my heart skip a few beats. It was 3.50A.M.! And I realised it was probably summer, I longed to check the whether to be sure, however, there was no wifi! I haven't asked Aunt Millie for the password! I looked across the dark,icy cold room, it was pitch black, I could hardly even see the shelves and my closet. I needed some light so I flicked the switch for the bedside lamp. I was flicking it up and down, yet to no avail not a single beam of light was shining. That's when I saw it. I squinted my eyes which were full of that stuff you get in your eyes while sleeping.

It. There was a thing standing in the room. I could make out the figure somehow. At first I thought it was Aunt Millie, but I looked closer and more carefully, it was too tall, it was twisted in such a grotesque manner, that it seemed so inhuman...

I managed to see it even more clearly. It had claws on its twisted hands, the hands twisted like a plant coiling around a support. It's jaw dangling, just a millimetre away from the floor. I heard a faint dripping sound in which it swayed in harmony with. It had more than just a head. There was one sticking out of its shoulder. It had no eyes. Just two gaping holes with dried blood around it. I was so still... just swaying that's all...

Click....Click...

I was still trying to switch on the lamp. "Come on!" I muttered under my breath. Noticing I was trying to switch on the lights, it stepped closer, as if it was trying to prevent me from doing it. As it got closer, I noticed a white light shining from its chest. It shone onto the thing's face. It was more clear! It had the two black holes for eyes, no nose, that Long mouth and the creepier thing was I saw a white light coming from the two holes...With every step it took, I heard the creaking of bones and I could not feel my legs anymore. I tried hard to scream, but no sound came out of my mouth. Was this sleep paralysis? Hell no. It was too real to seem like it.

It climbed on top of the bed and I felt the heavy pressure on my legs. Numerous hands reached out to grab my face but they didn't reach.

It got closer until it was an inch from my face, quickly, the light worked and flickered on. That thing... Vanished!

I was bewildered. Checking the whole room for that thing. Nothing! I was choking on my saliva. My heart was pounding against my ribcage. I was hardly able to breath. I would have screamed now, but I didn't want to wake anybody up.

That night, I didn't sleep a wink after what had happened, I mean if you experienced what I had, you won't be like," Ok cool, that thing is gone, I can sleep now." You would be like," WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT OMG!" But in your head if you're like me.

Something urged me to go to my Aunt's room at like 6.00a.m. It was quite early, she said she only wakes up at seven in the morning. I also thought that going to your Aunt's room and telling her I had a TERRIBLE 'nightmare' is like not my age, I mean that's for little kids right?!

I breathed out and tried to last an hour more or start reading Black Beauty for the third time.

A/N
Hey all! Thanks for all the support 17 views is still too little please share with friends, vote and comment on chapters and also follow me! I broke my last chapter record as well 822 words!

Love,
Hedwig/Miss Paranormal