SOL...YWMA [Ch. 4]

Sooner or Later…You’ll Want Me Again

Previously: : I was soon engulfed in a three-way hug with my two bestfriends…and I couldn’t have been more ecstatic, you couldn’t wipe the smile off of my face. “Cortland!” I hear someone call out before seeing a young woman rush to Cory and kiss him affectively. “Hi, I’m Alona. I’m an aspiring model,” she says to me, while holding out her hand. “Where’s your boyfriend? Mark James, right?” Cory whispered in my ear teasingly before walking off. “Good news: Skymore’s already in town and they’ll be here in a few,” Andrea told me.

Chapter 4

Skymore came and blew the house away as soon as they started their performance. They’re performing a decent amount of songs, no charge, and might I add, Courtney was ecstatic about that part, haha.

She was grateful for their entertaining and was extremely appreciated. During a break from performing, I went backstage to greet the band. “Great job Skymore!” I congratulate them when I was in hearing range.

I walked up to Shaylis. She’s a short young woman, around my height, but at the moment she’s shorter than me since I’m wearing heels and she’s not.

She has dyed, bright red hair and hazel green eyes, allowing her slightly pale skin to stand out. I gave her a hug. “Thanks, we’re just getting warmed up,” she told me after the hug was over.

“This is a pretty amazing crowd,” Drew, the drummer of the band spoke out loud, everyone else agreed. He was tall, brunette, and good-looking. 

“Oh my goodness! I can’t thank you guys enough for doing this!” we all heard Courtney’s voice yell before seeing her. She came and stood next to me with a smile on her face.

“It’s no problem at all. Isyss is a good friend of ours, so we don’t mind doing her favors,” Shaylis answered. Courtney nodded her head.

“Well, I have to get back to my guests,” Courtney said before living. I agreed with her and looked at Shaylis.

“Yeah, I should probably get back to Andrea,” I told her before leaving and headed back towards the crowd of guest. As I was heading back, I noticed Quentin sitting there with Andrea. They seemed to be having a disagreement about something. Uh oh, this doesn’t seem good.

I hurried over just to catch the ending of their conversation. “Whatever! It’s a very popular game. They have t-shirts, hats, and even candy out to advertise it,” Quentin was saying when I took my seat.

Exactly!” Andrea countered, putting emphasis on ‘exactly’. “It’s advertised too much, which is ridiculous because it’s a ridiculous game.”

“But you have to admit that at the end of the day, you find yourself addicted to it,” Quentin finalized, as if he won the argument.

“Yes, I must admit that I had fallen victim to its addictiveness once upon a time. But seriously, who wants to admit that they’ve spent hours on end playing a freaking bird game,” Andrea stated the question as a statement, as if it was common sense. Quentin shook his head and sighed, obviously not convince.