SOL...YWMA [Ch. 38]

Previously: Cory and Isyss are officially in a relationship. This is basically all you need to know.

Chapter 38

"I invited Quentin," I admitted. Andrea, whom was sitting across from me, paused the fork full of food that almost reached her mouth. Her eyes shot to me, shocked at my confession.

"Oh, I-u-um," she stuttered, barely able to conform a word. She looked back toward her plate. "That's nice," she managed to get out. I sighed at my cousin.

"When are you going to admit that you like me, already?" I questioned. I pushed away a tomato that I did want and ate some more of my beef stew. We are currently sitting in King's Palace, eating lunch. When I initially decided to come, I wanted everyone. Unfortunately, Courtney had work to do with her new book, Brent Daniels had his job, and Cory had a meeting to attend. So that left Andrea, Quentin, and myself.

"It's no secret that I do. It's just, I'm not so sure he'd even consider liking me back," she muttered, suddenly not wanting to eat her Alfredo.

"That's ridiculous, Andrea," I disagreed. I think Quentin would adore her.

"No, it's not. Look at me," she gestures to herself. "There's a reason I'm a model's assistant, not the model," she responded, degrading herself. It caused me to roll my eyes.

"Oh please! You know you're beautiful. You don't need me, a man, or anyone else to tell you that," I dismissed her statement. Come on, Andrea, everyone can see how gorgeous you are.

"Seriously, Isyss. What could he possibly see in me? I'm not outgoing. I'd rather stay in and read a book instead of going out to do...pretty much anything. I don't speak my mind. I can't even admit to myself that I have the slightest crush on him," she ranted out all her supposed flaws. "And then there's Quentin. This really good-looking, outspoken, funny guy. He wouldn't go for a boring bookworm like me. Hell, you're more his type that I am," she finished while pushing her bowl away with a huff.

"First of all. Any man would kill to be with someone like you. Believe it or not, not all guys like party girls. Some guys like girls that don't mind staying in and just spending quality time sitting on a couch and watching reruns. Second of all, trust me when I tell you that you not wanting to party all the time is a good thing. Third of all, it's okay to not want to admit you're crushing on someone whom you think is the complete opposite of you. When I was younger, I always denied my feeling for Cory, until one day, I finally admitted it to myself," I informed her, trying to get her to see.

I wish she didn't think so little of herself.

"And as for Quentin and I, been there, done that," I waved off.

"So you two actually dated? How serious was it?" she questioned. I looked long and hard at her, debating whether I should tell her or not. I mean, how would you take it if you found out that the guy you liked shared an intimate moment.

"Well, we took each other's virginities, so...I guess you can say we were pretty serious," I admitted to her. Andrea's eyes widened and her mouth dropped open.

"You were each other's first?" she asked. I nodded and took a spoonful of my beef stew. "Well, that solves it. I'm not going to pursue him," she finalized.

"Oh, come on, don't be like that."

"It'll be weird, Isyss! Even if I tried, it'll be too weird. You're my cousin. A family member's ex is always off limits. Everyone knows that," she reminded me, looking completely disappointed. She balanced her chin on her palm and pushed her lips to one side of her mouth.

"But that was over six years ago. We were seventeen, for crying out loud! That's so long ago that I don't even consider him my ex. I consider him my best friend," I reassured her. In response, she just shrugged her shoulders. "For real, Andrea. I can see how much you like him. I jus want to see you happy with someone. Ever since Anthony-"

Sooner or Later...You'll Want Me AgainOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara