SOL...YWMA [Ch. 9]

Sooner or Later…You’ll Want Me Again

Previously: “So, how are things going with Alona?” I ask Cory. He rolls his eyes. “Absolutely nothing, I’m done with her,” he answered honestly. Oh…so he broke up with her in this short amount of time? Wow, talk about making it short and sweet. “I’m on a mission to find Courtney’s book,” I verify for Andrea. “What the hell?!” I shouted out in utter shock. Are you fucking kidding me?! What in the bluest of skies did Courtney do?! I retrieve Cory’s number and call him. “This is Isyss. Are you busy? I really need to talk to you…in personal. It can’t wait,” I rush to tell him. I’d like to see his reaction to his twin’s action…

Chapter 9

Andy pulls up outside the house that Cory instructed us to come to; his house.

“I’ll give you two some time alone. I’m sure I won’t know what you guys will be talking about anyway. If you need anything, just call me,” Andrea assures me as I get out of the car with the book in the bag that I’m holding.

I nod and shut the door. I then look in front of me at the sight. The house is a decent size, but much too big for only one person. I walk pass the gate that’s separating the yard from the sidewalk.

The house is a beauty. It’s white brick with dark blue windowpanes. The door was doubled, and the porch was big enough to fit the two lounge chairs and small round table on it. As I walk up the pathway, I suddenly get hit with the fact that Cory’s officially a grown man.

He has his own house, no doubt he owns it, and he has his own business that’s doing wonderful. There are two cars parked to the left of the house. One is royal blue and sport-ish, while the other is black and more business-like, both looking very expensive.

When I reach the door, I reach out my right hand to ring the door bell. I turn around, toward the street, and notice that Andy has already pulled off down the street. Not moments later, I hear the door open, causing me to turn back around.

As I do so, Cory is standing there. He had on different clothes than earlier. Now, he’s gray sweatpants with a white muscle shirt, and white socks. His hair looks a little damp, maybe he just got out of the shower?

“Welcome to my home,” he said in a tour guide tone, causing me to roll my eyes jokingly. “Come in,” he said, this time in his regular voice. I follow him in, and then he shuts the door behind me. I walk deeper into the house, looking around. It was well built.

The floor was wooden and polished, causing almost a shine. The walls look to be made of plaster and wood, covered with white paint. Again, to my surprise, there are pictures hanging on the walls. In front of me, there is a long, narrow hallway with a staircase at the end.

On the left of me, there’s an entry way leading into the living area. On my right is an entry way leading into the kitchen area. All in all, the house looks great.

Wow, I half expected it to look messy like bachelor’s pad, for some strange reason. But to my surprise, the house was well kept together…maybe he has a maid? I laugh at the thought.

I turn to Cory, whom was leaning against the closed door, arms crossed in front of him, looking at me patiently. His face is unreadable. “Do you have a maid?” I asked him my mental thought.

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. “No,” he said, as if it was a weird question. He stood straight and headed toward a room off to the left. “Follow me,” he instructed, to which I did. Once in the living room area, he sat down on a forest green couch.

I scanned the room as I sat down on the identical couch across from him. A coffee table sat between the two couches. There’s a ceiling to floor window to the left of me. To the right, against the wall is a fireplace, the mantle had multiple pictures on it.