SOL...YWMA [Ch.43]

Sooner or Later...You Won't Resist Me

WARNING: it's a short update.

Chapter 43

It's been a day or two since Courtney and I basically forced Quentin and Andrea to talk about their issues. It's also been that same about of time that Cory had said (but not actually said) that he loved me...

I still don't know how to feel about that one. He hasn't mentioned it again, but to be fair, neither have I. We've kind of just swept it under the rug for the time being. I think it goes without show that our feelings for one another has reached its highest form. I mean, I've practically moved into his house. I've literally been sleeping at his place every night since that night we "made love".

As of right now, I just woke up this morning feeling like it just might be a great day. I smiled before I even opened my eyes. I just knew it would be completely and utterly...lazy.

I smiled again just thinking about how I don't have anywhere to be and nothing to do. When you have a busy career, you find it hard to find time to just relax. So, when a day like this truly comes along, you cherish it.

Even everything with Courtney's wedding is ready. The only thing left is for the ceremony to take place, which will be happening tomorrow. So, we've all just been chilling out until then. Well, everyone minus Courtney. She's been a nervous wreck, which is completely understandable. I mean, I'd be nervous and excited too if I were getting married.

Marriage.

I've never even thought of the concept regarding myself. Honestly, I've never really wanted to get married. It's never been something I saw myself doing. You know how most young girls dream of meeting the love of their lives and happily saying "I do" in front of an audience? Well, that young girl wasn't me. In all honesty, I can't say that I ever even thought that far ahead when I was younger. But now...

Now, when my best friend is getting married to her high school sweetheart, I can't help but to feel a little...hopeful. Granted my parents have been married since before I was even born, the idea of Courtney getting married is sort of an eye opener. We've known each other since we were kids.

We've shared things with one another that we've never told any other person. I remember the first time she lost her tooth, the first time she had her period, the first time she had sex, the first time she said she loved a boy. We were by each other's side through all of that.

And now, to be by her side for one of the most magical and life changing moments in her life is almost...blissful. Words can't express how happy I am for her.

"What are you thinking about?"

I jump a little, shocked by his sudden voice. His arm was wrapped around my abdominal while his hand rested just below my breast. He pulled my back even closer when he spoke, and I felt his breath hit the back of my neck.

I sighed and turned on my back. I looked toward him to see his eyes barely open but watching me.

"Just thinking about the wedding, well, marriage in general," I answered honestly. One of his eyebrows raised for a mere second. It happened so fast I almost thought I imagined it.

"What about it?" he asked, his voice not hiding his curiosity. I shrugged my shoulders, trying to come off as nonchalant about this topic as possible. The last thing I need is for him to think I'm thinking about us getting married. That idea hasn't crossed my mind at all. I admit that I'm in love with him, but it's way too early for that type of conversation.

"Just how big a step it is. Courtney and Brent Daniels...they are it for each other, ya' know? It's a beautiful thing to witness," I stated as I glanced up at the ceiling. Cory grazed his hand along my stomach, softly tapping his index and middle finger in a rhythmic tapping motion. It's nice feeling his hands on me. Just being in his presence is nice.