~Beetroot Soup~

As I fit the grandma wig onto Zach, I can't hold my laughter for much longer. I began to fluff up his cheeks with some blush, and add some shading for wrinkles. With the touch of some metallic turquoise eye shadow, he really did look like a grandmother. 

"You look absolutely ridiculous!" I say through laughter as I slip his beige high heels on. 

"OK, now, let's hear your voice impression of a grandma," I say to Zach, knowing that this is going to be hilarious. 

"Oh, you look so grown up now sweetie! I remember when you were so small, I could hold you in my hand" Zach makes the worst impression of a grandmother, but it will do.

"That. Was. Absolutely..."

" Perfect?" Zach says to me with a wink

"Sure, we'll go with that" I reply as we both burst into laughter for what must be the 50th time already today. I look at my watch. We need to get going.

"Let's go," I tell Zach. We leave and go to my car. I mean, mum's car. I am NOT letting Zach drive solely because he looks like a grandma and would probably be pulled over by the cops. We arrive at the restaurant and thankfully Ryan's car isn't there yet. We walk into the restaurant and find a table in the corner.

Finally, 10 minutes later (but what felt like forever) Nicole and Ryan came. They choose a table not far from us so I hold up the menu that is in front of me to cover our faces.

"You know what to do?" I whisper to Zach

"Yes, I do dear" Zach replies with his grandma voice in action. I smile knowing that this will be a very memorable night for the both of us. Zach gets up and walks over to where Nicole and Ryan are sitting. 

"Oh hello, dear! I haven't seen you since Christmas last year!" Zach says to Nicole

Nicole looks at him with complete and utter confusion on her face. 

"Who are you?" She questioned Zach, uncertain of the answer.

"Oh sweetie, I'm your grandma, Jones!" He leans in for a hug, with his balloons pressing against her. Zach starts patting her back like a friendly hug when really he has beetroot soup all over his hands and is wiping it all over her white dress. Suddenly there is a loud pop. Zach realises that one of his balloons has popped. I try to hold my laughter in as I see what has just been exposed on the other table. Uh oh. I think it's time for us to leave now. 

"Wait I don't have a grandma Jones!" Nicole rips off Zach's wig revealing his bald cap.

"I-I-I will see you next Christmas!" before Nicole could say anything, he was out in a flash, taking me with him. We both run out of the restaurant trying to hold our laughter in until we were outside. 

"Do you think Nicole saw me?" I ask Zach

"Who cares? That was hilarious!" Zach answers in response. We walk back to my house laughing our heads off about Nicole's reaction to Zach. When we are back at my house we go straight up to my room to de-grandma-fy Zach. After the use of several makeup remover wipes and normal clothes, Zach is back to his normal self again. We sit down on my bed and once again, I drown in the sea of his blue eyes. What is it about those eyes? They keep hypnotising me and making me fall for him even more. I scan his face and I realise that he is also looking at mine.

"What?" I say, asking him why he is looking at my face, do I have some food in my teeth? Or is he looking at my face for the same reason I'm looking at his?

"Oh, nothing" he replies with a sweet little smile on his face. His eyes light up and makes a beautiful electric blue that hypnotises me once again.